• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I am announcing my candidacy for the Presidency of the MOA.

Apparently, I misspoke when referring to the airhead situation. Under the BreadMan Administration we'll welcome everyone into the fold that carries the BMW roundel, with the exception of the R1200C riders, and we'll downright disown anyone on a R1200CLC.

I'm in favor of all the above listed behavior, but my staff has not briefed me well on the DGT situation. Can you fill me in please?

OH NO!!! My son-in-law has a R1200C (Phoenix) and loves it. He also wants a R1200GS. What am I to tell him? Do I have to disown him and my daughter?

I think you answered your own question, its becuase it is all in fun and everyone seems to be aware of that, so .....

RM

I agree.

The dead threads I refered to were fun in there own way, too.

I don't want to disparage anyone for the way they have fun, just have to question why some fun is verboten.

At first I thought Breadman might be a covert incarnation of rka...but no, Breadman is a lot funnier.

Have fun guys; I'll watch from the fringe and ask my questions another time and place.

I agree.

The dead threads I refered to were fun in there own way, too.

I don't want to disparage anyone for the way they have fun, just have to question why some fun is verboten.

At first I thought Breadman might be a covert incarnation of rka...but no, Breadman is a lot funnier.

Have fun guys; I'll watch from the fringe and ask my questions another time and place.

Perhaps, but the intent was, for the most part, quite differant!

RM

I find it very difficult to judge intent, but that's just me.
:blush
It's not what I intended.

sometimes it can be, other times not, there are a lot of factors that come into play, and it would also seem that is one (of several) reasons why there are multiple mods, what some may miss others may pick up on. Hopefully it works out in the end, certainly its not 100% certain/effective, but then very few things in life are.

however, I do question the intent of your post, if thats what you intended.....:lol

RM

Some of us feel an obligation to help our fellow riders.

I had the following in mind when I posted the above:

See? See?!

It's not all bread and roses at the top, you know. There are black helicopters to be flown, masses to be oppressed and significant plight to the organization to be ignored.

crap. i said that out loud, huh?

A vital question Mr Breadman

As every good tyrant you were skillfull to evade the most important issues.

1. What is your stand on centerstands vs sidestands?:doh

2. How will the MOA under your dictatorship will achieve your goal of drinking more on the road than our HOG brethen if we do not have german built-in beverage holders on our bikes? Ever tried to use a wine decanter on an RT???? (not pretty, the wine sediments never stay at the bottom when I ride twisties):drink

3. I have noticed that you skillfully avoided the issue of road rash. Any candidate worth its weight in tyranny will ensure that road rash disappears from the BMW community and be transfered henceforth to japanese and italian motorcycle user.:deal

4. You wanted to dismiss the airheads from your coalition of german motorcycle terror. May I suggest that they may be used to provide a cooling breeze at rallies instead, and be made to carry our spare final drives (just in case your promise cannot be achieved).:bow

So you see mr Pumpernickel your minions are keeping an eye on you and want real answers this time.:bottle

Cheers

Denis R1200RT

Perhaps, but the intent was, for the most part, quite differant!

RM

You got me. I concede spelling isn't my strong point. I'm a SpellCheck addict.

I think topics posted with the intent of stimulating thought and debate are at least as good as the shear cleverness of this thread. (Although I think some posts in this thread are debateable.)

Some people like chocolate, some vanilla. Why not include those who like tuti-fruti?

See? See?!

It's not all bread and roses at the top, you know. There are black helicopters to be flown, masses to be oppressed and significant plight to the organization to be ignored.

SIZE]

You forgot the SWAG:stick

I believe excluding the airheads and f bikes is partisan and inappropriate. Let them be responsible for the wine and the cheese.
An airhead who drinks wine?

Meanwhile, a question for our candidate:

What is wrong with the following statement?

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

An airhead who drinks wine? Who is it?

Does Thunderbird count?

thunderbird10fm.jpg

As every good tyrant you were skillfull to evade the most important issues.

1. What is your stand on centerstands vs sidestands?:doh

2. How will the MOA under your dictatorship will achieve your goal of drinking more on the road than our HOG brethen if we do not have german built-in beverage holders on our bikes? Ever tried to use a wine decanter on an RT???? (not pretty, the wine sediments never stay at the bottom when I ride twisties):drink

3. I have noticed that you skillfully avoided the issue of road rash. Any candidate worth its weight in tyranny will ensure that road rash disappears from the BMW community and be transfered henceforth to japanese and italian motorcycle user.:deal

4. You wanted to dismiss the airheads from your coalition of german motorcycle terror. May I suggest that they may be used to provide a cooling breeze at rallies instead, and be made to carry our spare final drives (just in case your promise cannot be achieved).:bow

So you see mr Pumpernickel your minions are keeping an eye on you and want real answers this time.:bottle

Cheers

Denis R1200RT

Dear Denis,

While I would love to answer your questions, I'll ask you to please note that we are the BMW Members of America, not the BMW Members of Canada. Please refrain from posting here any further, and instead let me refer you to the BMW MoTGWN.

Fun will NOT be allowed under my Administration either. I would like to add that I am not RKA, as I heard he was both pimply faced and had the bad breath of a dying whale.

Assassination

Are there clearly articulated procedures for the orderly transfer of power following the most certain assassination of Prez Bread?

Back