• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I am announcing my candidacy for the Presidency of the MOA.

Do I weigh in on DGT, a subject near and dear to my heart, or do I weigh in on JD thinking 2nd place last year = 1st place in 2 years, or do I weigh in on the fact that Der Kommisar has just made himself a lame duck?

Decisions decisions decisions...

Discuss amongst yourselves while I mull this one over...

Apparently, I misspoke when referring to the airhead situation. Under the BreadMan Administration we'll welcome everyone into the fold that carries the BMW roundel, with the exception of the R1200C riders, and we'll downright disown anyone on a R1200CLC.

I'm in favor of all the above listed behavior, but my staff has not briefed me well on the DGT situation. Can you fill me in please?
Wait, what's going on? I can't keep up.
Don't Go There.

Quiet down yourself. I'm trying to listen to some horrid radio show, but I can't a hear thing from your yammering.

Don't you worry about two years. I hear there's going to be a vote of no confidence in the MOA Senate in short order.

You just wait. I'm gonna get Kevin over here. Do you know he's a Platinum Member? You know what that means, don't you?

He's a man to be reckoned with.

Can you fill me in please?

See? See?!

It's not all bread and roses at the top, you know. There are black helicopters to be flown, masses to be oppressed and significant plight to the organization to be ignored.

crap. i said that out loud, huh?

You just wait. I'm gonna get Kevin over here. Do you know he's a Platinum Member? You know what that means, don't you?

He's a man to be reckoned with.

i thought he ditched his platinum service after you wouldn't deliver his ON personally.

People, people, one question at a time!!

We will have a Department head position for beer, liquor and wine. Each Department head will have a vendor representative from the respective industry assigned to you at all times to supply fresh, frosty concoctions whenever you require.

However, these positions will be available to R or K bikes owners only. F bike and airhead owners need not apply.

I see sir that my initial impression was correct. In fact, you fail to recognize the difference between wine and whine. If you were a loyal BMW owner, you would be cognizant that the W in BMW stands for whine not wine.. :stick

Therefore, as an impostor, I demand an immediate recount in any election where you receive votes.

Of course, a recall petition is ready for circulation if you would be elected. :deal

And last, but not least, your disparaging remarks about our Grand Poo Bah, :bow Kbasa, have not gone unnoticed. Take his total post count here and add it to his total post count over at the asylum and divide it by the number of days in his lifetime and you will see the folly of pretending to have anywhere near the time necessary to fulfill the obligations of the office.

However, if you would be willing to start lower on the ladder, you could provide sweet rolls at the next board meeting to show your sincerity and dedication to MOA and it's members. Actions speak louder than words. :stick

Clearly your qualifications are in question if you display such ignorance regarding the mores and morals of this hallowed forum. ...It is with honor that this shrine of noble discourse was retired and you kind sir, claim qualifications to the exhaulted position of President while ignorant of this pivotal chapther in MOA history.

Arguing politics is for the frail of mind and the weak in spirit. There is rarely any sort of change accomplished once you get to the base beliefs that each person holds, and the discussion of politics in a pleasant forum such as this leads to disunity among the members. If we're going to take over ABATE during my administration, we must work together!

I see sir that my initial impression was correct. In fact, you fail to recognize the difference between wine and whine. If you were a loyal BMW owner, you would be cognizant that the W in BMW stands for whine not wine..

My very first position statement on the matter addressed two of the most whined about situations within the BMW community. Final Drive failure, and service wait times. I know this because I hear your plaintive, bleating call for help, I hear the constant moaning from the masses, pining away for help. Of course, I call it whining, but I didn't want to come out and say it so directly.

...Kbasa, have not gone unnoticed. Take his total post count here and add it to his total post count over at the asylum and divide it by the number of days in his lifetime and you will see the folly of pretending to have anywhere near the time necessary to fulfill the obligations of the office.

I don't think you realize this, but it's not actually Kbasa. One of the least understood benefits of the MOA Presidency is that of the Scribe System. MOA provides a 24-hour scribe service, wherein there are always two people that can post for Kbasa. They have a large volume of talking points to refer to, which allows them to appear to be Kbasa, making snide comments about sartorial choices, modern furniture, or eyewear.

I think it was an idle threat.

He sold all his beemers, which is kind of sad, but is still riding Stella.

Mr. R1150GSA still maintains a K75 in his stable, and I am proud to announce that he will be joining my candidacy as my MOA Vice President. The VP position is a critical one within the MOA, and R1150GSA is well qualified to handle these responsibilities.

At this point the question begs to be asked (at least by those of us who don't hang out on Adv), what or who is a "Breadman" and why does this spin and propoganda qualify him to run? What is the true meat (Sauerbraten?) of his platform and what can we really expect if he is elected? More important, what is his background, are there skeletons in his closet, what is he trying to hide? What if he gets elected and makes sexually inappropriate advances to Vince or tries to hire Molly Cyrus as the entertainment for the next rally? Huh, what then?

WHAT IF HE'S A REPUBLICAN ? :uhoh :jawdrop

This is all stuff we need to know.

Of course if he would promise to get BMW to warranty tire and brake wear for the life of the bike I would vote for him anyway.

Do I weigh in on DGT, a subject near and dear to my heart, or do I weigh in on JD thinking 2nd place last year = 1st place in 2 years, or do I weigh in on the fact that Der Kommisar has just made himself a lame duck?

Decisions decisions decisions...

Discuss amongst yourselves while I mull this one over...

Wait a second... why do I deserve ridicule, today? I come out, protecting the masses of Airhead riders from the threat of tyranny and oppression, and all I get is abuse. Well that's just fine. I realize, as upcoming and eventual grand wizard of the MOA, that I will have to put up with some abuse from the lesser members. I'm completely prepared to put up with such things, just like I'm equally prepared to send out Vince (ON editor AND MOA hitman) to crush my enemies.

I can't wait to have my own fleet of black helicopters. I'm being drawn to the dark side... the Luke to Kbasa's Darth Vader...

Follow Up Questions?

I am finally being allowed to submit my name for the highest office in the BMW Motorrad volunteer organization.

DoesnÔÇÖt this belong in the Elections Forum, Candidates Speak?

 we'll provide kegs of Hoegaarden at the annual rally

Hoegaarden? How about a nice Hefeweissen or Dunkelweissen?

I will move to ban Bubba Zanetti from the premises as soon as possible.

Bubba factor? I like Bubba, too!

If you think that money from HOG and ABATE is tainted money, perhaps you should consider joining your local scooter club.

Who said anything about money? Roy mentioned ÔÇ£raised dough.ÔÇØ

I will only be available for a few short periods during the rally for photo opportunities next to MOA One.

You need to get a cut-out to increase your photo-op productivity, and charge for pics to remain independent of questionable campaign contributions.

As BMW riders, we need to work hard to catch up with our H.O.G. brethren when it comes to on-the-road drinking. Since we're less in numbers, we'll have to compensate by drinking much better booze. We'll also develop a chart that shows which alcohol is paired best with your particular BMW motorcycle.

So are you suggesting that we can come to understand our other brand riding brethren by simply talking to them? Who says we want to be like them anyway?

However, these positions will be available to R or K bikes owners only. F bike and airhead owners need not apply.

I am not in favor of exclusiveness, even if it means I wonÔÇÖt get one of the cabinet positions.

Apparently, I misspoke when referring to the airhead situation. Under the BreadMan Administration we'll welcome everyone into the fold that carries the BMW roundel, 

Ahh, so youÔÇÖre a flip-flopper, too?

 with the exception of the R1200C riders, and we'll downright disown anyone on a R1200CLC.

Now youÔÇÖve done it, gone and disenfranchised the renegades of the BMW brotherhood. There is nothing you could do to gain my support now!

 but my staff has not briefed me well on the DGT situation. Can you fill me in please?

Just as I suspected, totally unqualified!

Just Curious

This thread has been entertaining so far, but I can't help wonder if it's really any better than many that existed in the now defunct sub-forum, especially some of those started by a banned member.

Oh...the rules! What is the rule about questioning the need for, or validity, or pertinence of the existing rules? Were the forum rules carried down a mountain on stone tablets? Or are they an extension of the organization's by-laws, which are subject to revision and ammendment?

DISCLAIMER: I don't advocate restoring any forum or member. I was raised to respect authority, and I really try. But thanks to my education and experiences, I've learned to question the principles that empower those in authority. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the apparently irrational aversion to historical and current events that might be considered "political", and why political discussion is such a taboo.

DOUBLE DISCLAIMER: I use the forum intermitently, and I appologize in advance if my questions have been answered during one of my absences.

This is the BMW motorcycle owners of AMERICA. Why are we drinking foreign and raggin' on good American stuff?

Now Steve, remember this is the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America, not BMW Motorcycle owners of the United States of America.

Those of us who live in the largest country in America, aren't foreign, you are.

Better remember that or we'll have to visit Washington again, this time without an extinguisher!

P.S. We'll supply the beer, we're Canadian........Rod

P.P.S Bubba has to stay.:stick

Mr. R1150GSA still maintains a K75 in his stable, and I am proud to announce that he will be joining my candidacy as my MOA Vice President. The VP position is a critical one within the MOA, and R1150GSA is well qualified to handle these responsibilities.
You had me at "joining my candidacy"

I am for the Laugh party. :laugh
I still want Bubba though. That is not negotiable.

Last edited:
I'm sure you could have found something better than Hoegaarden. It's not bad but it wouldn't be my first choice. My vote goes to the candidate who promises a beer that is dark and not domestic. Sorry BreadMan. :drink

Reminds me of my first girlfriend......:bolt

RM

This thread has been entertaining so far, but I can't help wonder if it's really any better than many that existed in the now defunct sub-forum, especially some of those started by a banned member.

Oh...the rules! What is the rule about questioning the need for, or validity, or pertinence of the existing rules? Were the forum rules carried down a mountain on stone tablets? Or are they an extension of the organization's by-laws, which are subject to revision and ammendment?

DISCLAIMER: I don't advocate restoring any forum or member. I was raised to respect authority, and I really try. But thanks to my education and experiences, I've learned to question the principles that empower those in authority. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the apparently irrational aversion to historical and current events that might be considered "political", and why political discussion is such a taboo.

DOUBLE DISCLAIMER: I use the forum intermitently, and I appologize in advance if my questions have been answered during one of my absences.

I think you answered your own question, its becuase it is all in fun and everyone seems to be aware of that, so .....

RM

Back