• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I am announcing my candidacy for the Presidency of the MOA.

Jameson's 1780 is like mother's milk.

This is the BMW motorcycle owners of AMERICA. Why are we drinking foreign and raggin' on good American stuff?

the candidate who serves the right Bourbon will win my vote. And Good ole Samuel Adams of Boston MA is good enough for me...

Hmmm... A little Uncle Jack with a Sams chaser...

Gotta go now, dinner is calling:bolt

A little Uncle Jack with a Sams chaser...

Oh, I'm right there with you. Sams is our house beer. And I've developed a recent and ardent affinity for this:

268510011_Uymo5-M.jpg

Can't we all just get along? :bottle

Let's talk some more about my campaign platform.

I understand that you are all interested in alcohol, and in fact I also am a big fan. I like blonde Belgians such as Hoegaarden, full-bodied reds such as Amarone's and bourbons such as....well pretty much any bourbon.

As you may have read earlier, I will work hard to form strategic partnerships with outside vendors, and one of these areas is beverage arena. As BMW riders, we need to work hard to catch up with our H.O.G. brethren when it comes to on-the-road drinking. Since we're less in numbers, we'll have to compensate by drinking much better booze. We'll also develop a chart that shows which alcohol is paired best with your particular BMW motorcycle.

For example, F650CS riders would be best suited with a nice, cold Zima or Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Let's talk some more about my campaign platform.

I understand that you are all interested in alcohol, and in fact I also am a big fan. I like blonde Belgians such as Hoegaarden, full-bodied reds such as Amarone's and bourbons such as....well pretty much any bourbon.

As you may have read earlier, I will work hard to form strategic partnerships with outside vendors, and one of these areas is beverage arena. As BMW riders, we need to work hard to catch up with our H.O.G. brethren when it comes to on-the-road drinking. Since we're less in numbers, we'll have to compensate by drinking much better booze. We'll also develop a chart that shows which alcohol is paired best with your particular BMW motorcycle.

For example, F650CS riders would be best suited with a nice, cold Zima or Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Is it possible for me to get a position as "beer liaison"? :drink

People, people, one question at a time!!

We will have a Department head position for beer, liquor and wine. Each Department head will have a vendor representative from the respective industry assigned to you at all times to supply fresh, frosty concoctions whenever you require.

However, these positions will be available to R or K bikes owners only. F bike and airhead owners need not apply.

We will have a Department head position for beer, liquor and wine. Each Department head will have a vendor representative from the respective industry assigned to you at all times to supply fresh, frosty concoctions whenever you require.

However, these positions will be available to R or K bikes owners only. F bike and airhead owners need not apply.

I believe excluding the airheads and f bikes is partisan and inappropriate. Let them be responsible for the wine and the cheese.

WHAT?! An Airhead is the ORIGINAL "R" bike. HOW DARE YOU, SIR?!

That's it. No Airhead support? This is ridiculous! If you won, it would be a travesty! A sham! A mockery! ... it would be.... a travashamockery!!!!!!!!! :eek

WHAT?! An Airhead is the ORIGINAL "R" bike. HOW DARE YOU, SIR?!

That's it. No Airhead support? This is ridiculous! If you won, it would be a travesty! A sham! A mockery! ... it would be.... a travashamockery!!!!!!!!! :eek

Keep your voice down, Sir!

This is not some bar-room brawl we're in, but a professional, courteous atmosphere. That being said, most riders of airheads are too slow to keep up with the new modern pace of the MOA, so they will be left to work on such vital parts of the MOA such as the ON.

This is not some bar-room brawl we're in, but a professional, courteous atmosphere. That being said, most riders of airheads are too slow to keep up with the new modern pace of the MOA, so they will be left to work on such vital parts of the MOA such as the ON.

Pipe down, numbskull. The election's not for two more years and I'm not running again.

DGT redue?

Now, did we just have a nice round of vituperous, vitriolic, vindictive, slanderous, screaming, scandalous, abusive, abstrusive, adolescent comity?

Sir Breadman, will you resurrect the DGT?

Bob

Pipe down, numbskull. The election's not for two more years and I'm not running again.

Quiet down yourself. I'm trying to listen to some horrid radio show, but I can't a hear thing from your yammering.

Don't you worry about two years. I hear there's going to be a vote of no confidence in the MOA Senate in short order.

Breadman, you have them running. You've already knocked out your most serious competition. Keep up the good work. In two years who knows what you can do. You could be come President Deluxe.

You can start this week by going to Germany and demanding the F800GS be released earlier. If they refuse, tell them you are thinking about applying for citizenship. :D

Easy :german

I will not pipe down when a voice of injustice and insanity attempts to take control of this venerable club! I say insanity because you must be crazy to alienate the largest single chartered club in the MOA - the Airheads. And you KNOW how much more frequently older people vote than the younger ones. How do you expect to win election without our support? I anxiously await your response, and possible an olive branch of peace - or maybe just a quality beer would be acceptable?

Airheads too slow to keep up with the new modern riders? Sure, the newer bikes may accelerate faster, and have a higher top speed, but I assure you; Airhead riders will catch and PASS these newer bikes as they stop to have their leaky final drives replaced; just ask Nye. If you're nice, maybe you can talk some of the airhead riders into carrying spare FD parts and tools to help out the poor souls on these newfangled contraptions.

it is, BTW, my feeling that BMW is having leaky final drives in an attempt to get their customers used to oiling a chain as they convert to this different technology...

Apparently, I misspoke when referring to the airhead situation. Under the BreadMan Administration we'll welcome everyone into the fold that carries the BMW roundel, with the exception of the R1200C riders, and we'll downright disown anyone on a R1200CLC.

Now, did we just have a nice round of vituperous, vitriolic, vindictive, slanderous, screaming, scandalous, abusive, abstrusive, adolescent comity?

Sir Breadman, will you resurrect the DGT?

Bob

I'm in favor of all the above listed behavior, but my staff has not briefed me well on the DGT situation. Can you fill me in please?

I'm in favor of all the above listed behavior, but my staff has not briefed me well on the DGT situation. Can you fill me in please?

Clearly your qualifications are in question if you display such ignorance regarding the mores and morals of this hallowed forum. DGT was a battlefield where points of honor and irrefutable truth were explored in philosophical debate. Paramount among the lofty topics was that very institution in which you seek high office, Politics. DGT at its zenith displayed the high arts of name calling, belittling, dissemination of false information and internet fact checking. The unmatched genius and irrefutable brilliance of that venue verily extinguished itself in its own bright flame. It is with honor that this shrine of noble discourse was retired and you kind sir, claim qualifications to the exhaulted position of President while ignorant of this pivotal chapther in MOA history.

Back