• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Business casual riding gear?

wanaride67

I'm interested in riding my 1250GS to visit customers for my job, and business casual clothing is expected. Currently my riding gear consists of various jackets (with armor), riding jeans, and motorcycle boots.

Is there business casual riding gear? Or should I wear a riding suit over the business casual clothing? I think the boots will be fine but the jeans and regular shirt won't be.

I'm interested in riding my 1250GS to visit customers for my job, and business casual clothing is expected. Currently my riding gear consists of various jackets (with armor), riding jeans, and motorcycle boots.

Is there business casual riding gear? Or should I wear a riding suit over the business casual clothing? I think the boots will be fine but the jeans and regular shirt won't be.

Aerostich

I would first probably determine if the client is receptive to having someone show up on a motorcycle. If they are, and more importantly if the visit is not a “cold call”, you will know where you can change into your “business casual” clothing that you have carefully packed and brought with you.
Wether you need to change or wear an Aerostitch full suit, you will need a place to store it along with the helmet during the meeting. Of course, there are any weather conditions to be considered.
Beyond all that, there is a chance that the client seeing you go through all the riding prep work and say “don’t worry about it”.
It could also end up being a great “ice breaker” for the visit.
OM

I've done it for years. I'm in construction so steel toe boots double for riding or site visits, my PPE is carried in top box. I'll strip in the lobby, hanging my gear in visitors area just as you would expect to do with coats or other clothes. Some clients comment on the amount of safety gear I ride with, it's the perfect seguey into our corporate culture on jobsite safety. As others mentioned it is a great conversation starter, I've never had a bad response. I wear Motoport jacket and use Aerostitch AD pants.

What kind of weather/part of the country?

I tried on one of those Aerostitch suits in MO, that seems.loke it'd be hot especially with another set of clothes underneath.

How do you keep you street pants clean assuming you step through the legs with boots on?

I never had a problem with dirt as my pants unzip clear to the waist so I can see if I've got anything there that would get on my pants. I can be hot yes, but not unbearably so, most of my travels were in the Northeast, I never used the bike to commute when I lived in Baltimore, summers there were too hot and traffic to unpredictable.

Back