• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2024 dates announced

kbasa

Sunday, May 19th is the date.

Is there a ride where you are? I'll probably be in the San Francisco one again unless they fire one up here in Santa Rosa.

Globally, prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men – with 1.4million men diagnosed with the disease every year. Over 10million men around the world are now living with or beyond a prostate cancer diagnosis. DGR funding has enabled Movember to invest in world class biomedical research that leads to new tests and treatments particularly for men with high-risk disease, while Movember’s global clinical quality registries help clinicians improve treatment and reduce harmful side effects.

I have a long history of being the guy that puts his hand up. In the wake of my wife's cancer diagnosis, I spent 5 years riding endurance bicycling events for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, raising money to continue the kind of research that saved my wife's life. Since then, I've been participating in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride and have raised several thousand dollars for a cause much closer to my heart - literally. Prostate cancer and men's mental health and suicide prevention.

I know that lots of us are absolutely mortified by the prospect of riding in a larger group. I generally am, as well. But when everyone is showing up with their bike, wearing a fine suit or other dapper attire, it's a different kind of event entirely. It's tremendously fun and some of the folks that I've met on various DGRs have become riding friends.

If you have the opportunity, why not spend Sunday May 19th doing something different with your bike and doing good work for your community?

If you're in NorCal, I hope to see you there.

B9D741E9-EDFC-4A88-B950-18A2839C0B20.jpeg

Just a little bump to encourage folks to join a ride, put your dapper outfit together and get going on some fundraising.

It's a really great time for a really great cause.

Dave,
If it fits into my schedule, I'll probably participate. The big question is where to attend. In the SF Bay Area, the closest one is in Martinez, but San Francisco has the most registered. There are also ones in Healdsburg, Sacramento and San Jose, but they're kind of a long ride. Decisions, Decisions.

Thanks for the reminder

Dave,
If it fits into my schedule, I'll probably participate. The big question is where to attend. The closest one is in Martinez, but San Francisco has the most registered. There are also ones in Healdsburg, Sacramento and San Jose, but they're kind of a long ride.

Thanks for the reminder
The SF one is a hoot with a couple hundred bikes. Plan on not stopping for traffic lights. :ha

If the one in Healdsburg starts to fill up a little, I"ll probably go there since it's right up the road about 10 minutes. I've been to a half dozen of the SF events and they were pretty fun, but it might be time to try something new.

Back