• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"Who Wouldn't Want To Win This?"

I never buy lottery tickets unless the prize is well north of $100 million. I mean, anything less is hardly worth the trouble of winning. Sure, there's no tax on your winnings in Canada and they give me the whole lump sum but I've got to go down to the lottery office and pick up the cheque and then I have to go to the bank and deposit the winnings. And then there's all these people congratulating me and probably I have to get my picture in the paper or something. Nope, not worth it.

:banghead

I will up oldslows offer. Buy a ticket to support the foundation, and if you win, I will double your $$ back on the ticket, and to save you the hassle of selling the bike, give you $7k cash to rid you of the ugliness, that is bring down your property values.

Like a few others, I don't understand the bashing of the 800, they are great motors! I first rode a F800ST in '07 and loved the feel, power and especially the fuel mileage! As far as the paint job, it doesn't do anything for me, but I don't consider it ugly either.

I bought 5 tickets for an SR1000 and extended membership couple years back, did not win anything and now I'm stuck reading lame posts on this forum for a couple more years. Ain't gonna fall for that again!

Since the main objection here is the paint job and not the model itself, how much could it cost to repaint it?

You'd probably be on the hook for around $4,000 tax liability here in the USA. It all depends on an individual's tax situation as to how bad you'd feel it. That's tax liability, not necessarily hand over 4 grand out of your pocket. But it's possible.

So add what? $1500 to repaint the plastic bits. So would you still think this is a bad deal for you for $5500? Oh, I forgot, $5525.

You'd probably be on the hook for around $4,000 tax liability here in the USA. It all depends on an individual's tax situation as to how bad you'd feel it. That's tax liability, not necessarily hand over 4 grand out of your pocket. But it's possible.

The MOA shows the bike is worth approx. $18,000, so I'm guessing you pay income tax on that value, not the list price. The income tax would be around $5,500 or more and then another $1,000 for sales tax depending what your State sales tax is.

Anyone remember what the list price was for a F800R? $11,000????

If I won the bike, I would probably remove the belly pan, unless it looks better in person, then paint the bike red.

Lee, it's all a guess unless you know someone's tax situation down to the penny.
Mine's an educated guess though, since I won a bike valued at $17,500. For me,that $4,000 figure is accurate. There are a couple of ways around a state tax, I won't mention them here, and some states have zero tax.

Back