• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Marketplace woes

I've purchased some items in the Marketplace and other fora where the seller wanted Friends and Family payment to avoid paying the fee. In each case I offered to pay the fee and they accepted. The small extra cost is worth it when you are buying from a stranger.

When it went under "new ownership", the number of advertisements went up... BIG TIME. To the point that I would have to close 4 or 5 windows just to read a post.

I haven't been back since.
Which Forum is this that is being talked about? I have been off several for quite a while but would like to know which one I shouldn't get back on. Is there a reason for the obfuscation?

Which Forum is this that is being talked about? I have been off several for quite a while but would like to know which one I shouldn't get back on. Is there a reason for the obfuscation?
If one has nothing nice to say..etc etc. Didn't want to start bashing either.. :thumb

I have brought this information up before. Seems like a good time to post a reminder- from the FBI. :eek

FBI issues new warning about QR code scams​

Federal officials say thieves are often using fake QR codes to misdirect payments, take customers’ money and steal other important information.​

Be careful out there!

OM

I still visit ADVRider regularly. There is no doubt that it has changed for the worse under new ownership, but still worth withstanding the money first and foremost approach of the new owners. I stick to four subforms: GSpot, Alaska Regional, Parallel Twins (F bikes) and Hacks. All have much more traffic than their similar forums here, and have proven to be useful resources; particularly the Hack forum. There is very little of the personal crap that some areas of the forum are known for, I fact, if anything it is being over moderated.

Well I have bought and sold dozens of items on the 3 sites I frequent ...advrider, BMWMOA and BMWST and have never had an issue. All transaction have gone smooth and items always received on time. The only issue I had was when I bought a top box for my RT and the seller packed it vey poorly and it had a scuff on it. But that was the ONLY issues in probably 10-15 years of buying and selling.

Just my two cents, but I try and talk to the sellers or buyer of the merchandise. Not that makes it any safer but I think it helps. I’ve only used the MOA site, not familiar with the other sites.

Back