• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for a 4 season jacket

Aerostich Roadcrafter 2-pc. Buy just the jacket if you want. Add a fleece jacket (Aerostich's is very nice) and you are good to go in almost any weather.

I wear BMW Airflow year around.

Heated jacket underneath and the rain suit over it in the winter.

Variations rest of the time. The two-piece rain suit (Rainlock 2) works as a wind stop over the vents as well as a rain suit.

I have Gerbing heated pant liner too, but seldom wear it. R1200RT moves wind enough that it's usually not necessary and it is in any event a monkey butt accelerator.

The black Airflow truly reflects sun heat just as BMW claims.

Klim

I have had a great experience with my Klim Overland jacket and pants. Excellent quality garment. It does what they say it does and it does it very,very well. Vents for warm season, layer up for cold. Tough as nails. image.jpgimage.jpg

Defender GTX

I've been very happy with my Revit Defender GTX jacket and pants. I remove the insulated liner and use a Gerbings liner on cold days. Lots of vents for hot days, totally water proof and lots of armour. Since I have the white with red trims, I could add some sequins and do Halloween as an Elvis impersonator. ( the fat Elvis).

Olympia makes a really nice jacket for a good price, waterproof, lots of vents. I have the Klim Badlands set up now, very nice. If you're not careful it 's easy to have a closet full of different jacket's acquired over the years. Not that I would know anything about that.:)

Aerostich Roadcrafter 2 piece. It's my only riding gear. I own 2 - kept my first one as a spare when my daily one is being washed or sent to Aerostich for Velcro replacement. Tried lots of other things - tried saving money - found that Andy Goldfine had the answer I needed, especially since he'll custom size the suits for you, something very very few other vendors will do. Mine has withstood all day rains and I've been warm and comfy in it, except for a bit of water that worked down the back of the collar from my helmet. The next wet day I made sure the collar of the Roadcrafter was tucked up into the helmet. Problem solved.

Summer (up to 100F) - open all the zippers (above 100F close the zippers - more hot air will just make you hotter.) Winter (down to about 25F) - turn up the heated jacket liner from Gerbing. Spring/fall - do whatever makes you comfortable.

Klim looks like nice stuff - but what I've seen is made for someone more svelte then I am and as far as I know they don't do modifications. Price is right around Aerostich pricing so I haven't seen any reason to change. Plus the repair service Rider Warehouse provides is great.

Don is spot on re Andy's gang being great at service.
I've got a 1 piece Roadcrafter for commuting to work
(though I've retired now). On/Off in 10 seconds is true.
Custom fit- yes. Excellent workmanship.

Also have a Klim Badlands set. Jacket is well made but a bit quirky. Collar is poor for both adjustability and leaving open while riding (no retainer, flaps on helmet. Easily fixed but should not be needed at this price). Also weird built in cuff things to go over ones thumb- more a nuisance than help. Some owners cut them out. Good pockets but too much "different just to be different" leads to some misses. For example, the worthless "kidney belt" that is not an improvement on more usual methods to prevent low end heat loss- but at least its removable.
The pants have poor vent zipper placement- can't ID and adjust 1 hand by feel while riding- just plain stupid IMO.
Klim needs to do much better rider testing with a wider range of riders. Seem to have "designer knows best" syndrome. IMO there is still no top flight 2 piece waterproof liner less jacket or pants in production by anyone at any price.

IMO there is also no true 4 season, all weather jacket especially if you live in a hot humid summer climate. I switch to my Olympia mesh for July/Aug shorter rides (they have the best consistent quality at their price point mostly because they sell direct and know their market). (Note that mesh is not a good idea for all day riding in extremely hot weather- you will gain too much core heat) I'd call existing Klim and RevIt high end linerless stuff 3 season.

Last edited:
MOTOPORT, jackets you can customize it the way YOU want it
I wear mine in all weather conditions, 30-115 in temp, had occasion to ride in heavy rain, with liner I was dry

Back