• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Don't let this happen to you-"Foot in Mouth Syndrome"

ROCKYNIGHT

It was a big misunderstanding and I over reacted during a stressful situation.

You ever make a mistake and then feel bad about so you want to make it right?

Last edited:
Update email from dealer

Michael, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the service at HD/BMW Louisville this week. I was the one that you spoke with on the phone on Monday when the bike wouldn't start. Unfortunately my day off is Tuesday when you came in for service. I understand that you bought this bike used from us and that it originally came from BMW of Louisville on Breckinridge Street. Since BMW Dealers are so far apart, we consider ourselves to be your local dealer. We consider someone a "traveller" when they are on a long trip, broke down and have to get a hotel. You were fortunate that your father-in-law had a trailer, but we would have arranged to pick up your bike if that wasn't the case.

We can't keep too many expensive parts in inventory because the investment would be a hardship on us in these hard economic times. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing when a part will arrive. You were told on Tuesday that you would have to "leave it with us" and that "we don't know when it will be fixed". These quotes are what I was told as I was not there. I must apologize profusely for the breakdown in communication. Someone should have called to let you know that we ordered a fuel pump by overnight shipping. Also, when they knew the repair could not be finished they should have let you know that you would have to arrange transportation to Cincinnati. For these things, I offer my sincere apology.

On another note. You complained of a cracking fuel tank. I ordered a fuel tank yesterday. I had to get permission from BMW to replace it under warranty. All this takes time. Now that I have the parts that are needed, I think we can finish your bike today. As a gesture of goodwill, I will offer to transport it back to Cincinnati for you at our convenience. Our truck driver usually has a pretty full schedule but I'm sure we can fit you in with a few days notice.

Again, my sincere apology for the breakdown in communication.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
forgive me, but i'm missing the source of such aggravation. the only thing i can tell that they fell down on was not getting back to you via phone as soon as they could have. beyond that???

Last edited:
Any phone call would have been nice......

Including one by the OP to the shop before posting a rant. Best to let things play out before yelling "wolf". The shop may have made a simple mistake regarding the call, but appears to be doing pretty well in other respects. No harm, no foul. They certainly deserve better than a general castigation in a public forum. You are expecting these guys to continue to want to work for you are you not?

Maybe

Maybe I have been stressing out due to other factors as well.

There is never a good time to quit smoking. :dunno

While quitting smoking you should get a pass for all actions up to and including multiple homicides.

I was never a smoker but used snuff for 30+ years. Had no luck quitting until I tried Chantix. Using that drug I quit with relative ease and have been tobacco free for 5 years. Takes a prescription.

Best of luck in your efforts.

Last edited:
The OP did deserve the courtesy of a phone call. Everybody deserves that courtesy, but all to often we don't get it.

Thank you fellow BMW MOA members for setting me straight

I am normally a very friendly person and do not let little things get to me.

I have started smoking again for now and made an appointment to start using chantix to help in quitting smoking at a later time.

Thank you fellow MOA members for help and understanding. It is important to me that when I screw up to make it right.

I have started smoking again for now and made an appointment to start using chantix to help in quitting smoking at a later time.

Thank you fellow MOA members for help and understanding. It is important to me that when I screw up to make it right.

You've a great attitude rockynight, I'd ride a BMW motorcycle with you anywhere.

Per the Oncologist, "Better to remain at a reasonable level of 'pissed-off-ness', than to die prematurely from lung cancer." Your choice of course. Or perhaps you'll only get bladder cancer and then, they can run a little camera up your penis on a quarterly basis to see if you need more surgery. Your choice again. But you would be doing it to keep those customers happy.

How can I change title of this post please?

How can I change the title of this post please???

I would like to change the title of this post to "Don't let this happen to you"
Foot in mouth syndrome

Thanks for the understanding. I really also got a good laugh about the glue joke. I loved that airplane movie.

I do have an update that makes me want to crawl under the carpet with embarrassment. I got a call from BMW Harley Davidson to let me know the bike was ready with a new gas tank installed and fuel pump. I asked what the bill was and they informed me it was ALL covered under warranty.

They have done a great job. BMW Harley Davidson of Louisville off I-65. The only problem you may have is I-64 Sherman Minton bridge is closed due to structural damage. It may be closed up to six months so the two other bridges are getting a lot of traffic.

Please tell me who can help me change the title of this post? I need to make this right and seeing the title to this post is so wrong.

*needs charlie brown avatar banging head against wall*

I do have an update that makes me want to crawl under the carpet with embarrassment. I got a call from BMW Harley Davidson to let me know the bike was ready with a new gas tank installed and fuel pump. I asked what the bill was and they informed me it was ALL covered under warranty.

They have done a great job. BMW Harley Davidson of Louisville off I-65. The only problem you may have is I-64 Sherman Minton bridge is closed due to structural damage. It may be closed up to six months so the two other bridges are getting a lot of traffic.

hope you sent them some type of thank you. Sounds like they stepped up and did the right thing. We all make mistakes, how we deal with those mistakes is what matters.

Back