• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Forum Transition to Xenforo!

Are we going to be able to see member's locations under their screen name as we have in the past? I miss that.

This is a user-supplied piece of information. Users can set that by clicking on their username in the upper right corner and finding the box for location.

This is a user-supplied piece of information. Users can set that by clicking on their username in the upper right corner and finding the box for location.
Along with this, I don’t find my username in the upper right corner on my iPad. If a member sees their avatar in the tool bar, next to “members“ it should bring you to account details and a place to do some editing.
I find the software renders different on iPhone, iPad or laptop.
OM

On an iPad, I don’t see a “Location” checkbox anywhere. I do find a spot to fill in my location, which is populated, but that info is not showing up under the avatar.

I also do not find a “Custom Title” box to change the title underneath the avatar.

Off to the PC for some comparisons…

DeVern

On an iPad, I don’t see a “Location” checkbox anywhere. I do find a spot to fill in my location, which is populated, but that info is not showing up under the avatar.

I also do not find a “Custom Title” box to change the title underneath the avatar.

Location box is under Account Details. It appears it does not show under the avatar...but if you click on the avatar, then the location should appear.

The Custom Title should also appear on Account Details.

Location box is under Account Details. It appears it does not show under the avatar...but if you click on the avatar, then the location should appear.

The Custom Title should also appear on Account Details.
OK, the Custom Title box has now appeared and is working, thanks! It was not showing up on iPad but did show up my PC, and after adding an entry there it now also shows up on the iPad. Methinks strolling through the account options on the PC before tablet and phone is probably a good idea...

Best,
DeVern

OK, the Custom Title box has now appeared and is working, thanks! It was not showing up on iPad but did show up my PC, and after adding an entry there it now also shows up on the iPad. Methinks strolling through the account options on the PC before tablet and phone is probably a good idea...

Best,
DeVern
This is a good tip. It seems displays are different between say a laptop and a phone or tablet. (y)
OM

I’m noticing a fair amount of typos. Anyone else finding the reply boxes not responding as in the past? I find this is the case if I misspelled a word halfway through and back up to fix it.
I also find that when I hit return, it drops the automatic capitalization of the first new word. :dunno
OM

I’m noticing a fair amount of typos. Anyone else finding the reply boxes not responding as in the past? I find this is the case if I misspelled a word halfway through and back up to fix it.
I also find that when I hit return, it drops the automatic capitalization of the first new word. :dunno
OM
i get both of those on my iPad. I haven’t spent much time yet on the PC side so not sure if it’s happening there, too. I do note that dropping the first letter capitalization on a new paragraph is something I see occasionally on other XenForo sites, but on those sites hitting the backspace once then retyping the letter pulls up capitalization.

Best,
DeVern

Last edited:
No hover over with the iPad or iPad.
The software seems to really render different view between the laptop, iPad and iPhone.
OM
I just tried it on a Android tablet.
When I place my finger on a Avatar I get a link to the members information. It doesn't automatically display the information.

@techdaddies_2
I've noticed a few of my old posts have pictures that flipped after the forum update.
If my post had more than 10 pictures it will not let me edit the post and correct the picture.
When I delete the old picture and try to load a new one I get the 10 picture limit message.
So far I only found one of my posts where I could not edit the picture and that's because the post was over the 10 picture limit.

Last edited:
@techdaddies_2
I've noticed a few of my old posts have pictures that flipped after the forum update.
If my post had more than 10 pictures it will not let me edit the post and correct the picture.
When I delete the old picture and try to load a new one I get the 10 picture limit message.
So far I only found one of my posts where I could not edit the picture and that's because the post was over the 10 picture limit.
I've upped it to 20.

Agreed, I too like seeing people's locations. Pretty sure the Airheads forum is on Xenforo too. Coming from ADVrider I also find it interesting to be able to see when people joined and how many posts they've made. It gives you an idea of how much that person contributes to the forum. I'm just hitting 21K posts over there.

Now I see on my computer hovering over an avatar gives all of that info. I laugh I've only been here since 2016.

Yes, expand the number for photos, I'd put it at least to 100.

Back