• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2023 Grand Coddiwomple registration is open!

I am in for my 2nd year !
Thank you for putting on this event I had fun with it last year and will again this year.
:clap

Coddiwomple 2023

This one will be easy to get the needed points to qualify again. I have set the bar very high for myself the last two years.

Get enough points to finish tied for second to last ( 350 points ) which I have successfully done and both times I have been lucky enough to win a prize.
I think this year I will ride down to see my sister who lives in Murray, I will cross the Ohio River on the ferry which is very close to the end of Illinois Rt. 1 ( first picture 50 points ) than once in Kentucky I will wander around some until I can stumble across 6 distilleries ( easy to do in Kentucky ) :drink

I decided to have a go at this for the first time this year. I have no expectations of winning or fame or fortune in doing so, but figured it would be a good excuse to get some mileage on my new R1250RT. Looking at the challenges, I should have no issue hitting the required completion value, anything beyond that will be just for fun.

As an older rider who is limited for long distant trips, I see this as being a lot of fun!!

Reading the rules, I think it is possible to score some points with day rides from my home!!

Thanks to the organizing group!!:clap

That's what I did last year. Didn't set the world on fire for points but had more than double the required number. All of my points were scored within two hours of my house. It was fun and gave me a reason to ride more than I probably would have without it.

I think this year I will ride down to see my sister who lives in Murray, I will cross the Ohio River on the ferry which is very close to the end of Illinois Rt. 1 ( first picture 50 points ) than once in Kentucky I will wander around some until I can stumble across 6 distilleries ( easy to do in Kentucky ) :drink

Dang, I like the way you think! Demented is cool...

At least this years has more challenges I can get on up here. Last year about all I could do was spell the phrase. Of course I screwed it all up by missing the deadline to submit!

IT appears our little town has goose statue's, from a promotional several years ago! WHO knew?? :)!! H m m m m m m "Points" :)

Radar

I know of a town in southern MN who has a whole bunch of goose statues littered all around town (painted by local artists) - sounds like a perfect, twisty 55-mile ride from this June's Minnesota Hiawatha Rally site. :bliss

Flag received!

I registered almost as soon as the Coddiwomple was opened and got my flag in the mail yesterday! I go a super low number, #6, as opposed to the #387 of last year. I also got a nifty 50th Anniversary decal.

I'm ready to get started in April. It is going to be a little more challenging this year based on where I live but I will get my 1250 points that I desire.

I am wondering what others are going to use the holes in the flag for? I probably will use them for some kind of ties instead of the painters tape I used on my flag last year.

Ideas?

2023 is a go

Started collecting points this weekend. Discovered my camera is on the way out - pictures are mostly usable but blurry and not great. Whoops!

Wouldn't be the end of the world to re-do what I covered over the last couple of days. Going to submit them so I know whether or not it's needed. Have really enjoyed this the last couple of years.

I picked up a half dozen plus on Sat. but have not been able to register for the photo submission. I keep getting an unable to connect to server error. At first I thought it was overloaded with people trying to submit on the first day (What? you mean not everybody is into this geekery as much as I am? :blush)

But it was still giving me the same message on Sunday and Monday. I figured I have until Halloween so no harm in waiting a couple of days for them to sort things out. :whistle

The Front Range of Colorado is a pretty target rich environment for distilleries, so I figure to score well there. :drink Dont think I will do as well with geese and spider challenges. :scratch

I picked up a half dozen plus on Sat. but have not been able to register for the photo submission. I keep getting an unable to connect to server error. At first I thought it was overloaded with people trying to submit on the first day (What? you mean not everybody is into this geekery as much as I am? :blush)

But it was still giving me the same message on Sunday and Monday. I figured I have until Halloween so no harm in waiting a couple of days for them to sort things out. :whistle

The Front Range of Colorado is a pretty target rich environment for distilleries, so I figure to score well there. :drink Dont think I will do as well with geese and spider challenges. :scratch

I reached out on this point, was encouraged to open a private window on my browser and it would work. Apparently there's a re-direct in the sign-up workflow which some browsers don't like. FWIW, rather than doing that I cleared cookies from "stacker.app" and that worked as well.

Back