• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2024 Coddiwomple Registration is open!

Still haven't received my flag. :( starting to worry a little, as I'll be on vacation the first week of April...

Mine showed up yesterday. Postmarked Mar. 6 from Greer SC took 14 days to deliver to Denver. We did have a pretty massive snowstorm that the shut down the airport and I-70 for a day last week.

Just my opinion but if you’re not riding to the rally, there’s little point to even participating this time due to the way that you earn points is structured.
Yeah, I noticed that it seemed to be heavily oriented in that matter. And unlikely to be able to squeeze in a trip to most of the challenges with my existing travel plans. Still hoping to rack up enough points via breweries and maybe some of the mountain men.

Just my opinion but if you’re not riding to the rally, there’s little point to even participating this time due to the way that you earn points is structured.
I completely agree. I qualified today with 450 points. I should have stopped at 300 but I went to 500 knowing I likely would get a rejection, and I did. My pic of a elongated bell, not like the Liberty bell shape, is probably getting rejected. That is fine. I don't intend on going to the Rally nor do I see myself in Oregon this summer. I will not collect a bunch of brewery pics for personal reasons so that Challenge is eliminated from the mix as well. There are lots of El Camino Real bells around where I live but those too represent a very dark past that I am not going to find benefit from for my own stupid gains.

So for this year, I crossed the finish line on the first day of the Coddiwomple. I'll be at the bottom of the final list but I was near the top at the beginning. All good by me.

Last edited:
I agree with this and since I won't be at the rally, I've chosen not to register again this year. I don't have any personal issues with visiting breweries, but what's the point if I'm on the bike and can't sample the wares. I enjoyed last years challenge - my first time - but as the season went on I found myself less motivated to go out of my way or to stop in the middle of a great ride to get pics for the challenge.

My expectation of the first rejected submission has been confirmed for the exact reason I expected - bell shape. The bell in the pic wasn't shaped like the Liberty Bell. Oh well. It is the last rejection for this Coddiwomple since it's the last submission I will make. I'm not being passive aggressive, I'm simply not interested in any of the Challenges that could get me to a desired total point place as I have done the past two years. I qualified on day one. I'm good with that!

I agree with this and since I won't be at the rally, I've chosen not to register again this year. I don't have any personal issues with visiting breweries, but what's the point if I'm on the bike and can't sample the wares. I enjoyed last years challenge - my first time - but as the season went on I found myself less motivated to go out of my way or to stop in the middle of a great ride to get pics for the challenge.
Yeah, that is really the only one of the challenges that is going to be useful for me in generating points. And I don't drink, so no interest in visiting breweries whether I'm on my bike or otherwise. They are really nothing more than photo ops for me.

I suppose there is an off-hand chance I might spot a bell, a cougar or one of the mountain men names. Unlikely though.

Penn State University Park and all branch campuses have a Nittany Lion, so if your in Pennsylvania there is one near you.

Back