• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ducati Scrambler

This guy likes it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bOsLG-blzVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

Three responses to the original post and two are telling the OP to try something else. :scratch

:laugh:laugh:laugh Didn't say I was going to buy one...just get to try one out hopefully.
H was going to ride a couple of brands and they carry Triumph as well. She's the one shopping after riding a Duke.:eek and then :evil was her impression

Part of the draw of some current scrambler offerings to me is the smaller naked bike that takes me back to when a Honda 160 was a big bike...and plenty of fun.

Remember I just traded another bike for that 690 Duke thumper. I'm still grinning from riding it . We were looking at smaller bikes to take with us when traveling with our rolling cabin/transport. Our K12S's were fun, but kinda big at times.

I would also take a look at the 2007-2010 G650 x Country.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/bmw/2009-bmw-g-650-x-country-ar60573.html

I have the x challenge version. Its a blast.

Yeah, she has a F650GS already, was looking outside the BMW box as her 1100R is headed to Scrambler configuration...she's been asking me to do that for a few years anyways.
I do like the X-country and the Dakar models, waiting on a friend to decide to let his go one of these days.

Three responses to the original post and two are telling the OP to try something else. :scratch

The Triumph and Yamaha offerings are similar in size and concept. If the FJR was lighter, I would have considered it when I purchased my R12RS.

Do the Ducati's still sound like lots of parts chattering away a wee bit shy on oil- when idling? :whistle
om

Rumors have begun to surface about who is bringing what to the Milan show to debut. There has been a great deal of buzz about Ducati. A bigger scrambler is rumored in the mix for 2017

Another Ducati Scrambler Is Coming
The Scrambler Ducati models started out as a bid to capture the budding crop of millennial riders, who eschew from the current crop of values and segments that prop-up the motorcycle industry. The Scrambler has become more for Ducati though, as it has given the Italian brand two things: 1) a […] The post Another Ducati Scrambler Is Coming appeared first on Asphalt & Rubber .
53 Asphalt & Rubber » Asphalt & Rubber / by Jensen Beeler /

I have never owned a Duc but must admit to finding most of the silly sounds they make very appealing. The current scrambler felt a bit small for me. A slightly stretched out one to accomodate a 1100cc engine might be a Goldielocks sized bike.

:)

Yes, the Ducati Scambler is small, compact, narrow and really cool looking. I'm 6'2', so it's not on my rader. Sometimes being vertically challenged is good.

Back