• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Marketplace

Not sure what is happening with the new marketplace. Old one was much more user friendly. I cannot forward to the next page(2) when I sign in. Was told by Panjo I need a new browser or to just use a different browser. No such problem with the old marketplace. I have visited other websites that use Panjo and do not have any problems with my browser advancing pages. Seems like bad advice to always blame problems on the users computer. Also I have to sign in a second time when I try to go to marketplace evem though I am signed in to the main BMWMOA site. Oh well I guess that's progress in action.

Howard -

As has been stated in a few places, the old flea market was written by someone who is no longer around to maintain it. It might have worked, but it had serious drawbacks, at least that is most of the feedback that was received. It's also been written that software developers can only go so far to keep up with all of the various browsers. It's one thing to have software that works with all of the major browsers, but to add on top of that older browsers it becomes extremely time consuming and costly. Not to mention that newer browsers should have better security features.

As for having to relogin, in a perfect world you should only have to login once in each place, provide you select the Remember Me box. In unusual situations, the Remember Me doesn't take and people have to keep doing it. This usually comes down to cleaning out your computer of old information such as temporary internet files and cookies. I myself was having problems (latest browser) with the forum page and not being remembered. I finally broke down and cleaned the files and now I'm remembered.

If you continue to have problems in the login area, please contact Ted Moyer...he forum username is t2moyer.

The next time someone has a problem with Panjo loading, could you try an experiment? I've contacted another webmaster who has been running Panjo for quite some time with no issues. So, if you load the MOA Panjo pack and it crashes, hangs, doesn't load...whatever the issue is, go immediately to this Panjo classified:

http://www.planet-9.com/classifieds.php

This is legit...nothing horrible about clicking on this. If their listings loads easily, then immediately come back to the MOA listings. Does the MOA listing still hang/crash/fail to launch? I'd like to see what kind of response people have.

Thanks!!

The next time someone has a problem with Panjo loading, could you try an experiment? I've contacted another webmaster who has been running Panjo for quite some time with no issues. So, if you load the MOA Panjo pack and it crashes, hangs, doesn't load...whatever the issue is, go immediately to this Panjo classified:

This is legit...nothing horrible about clicking on this. If their listings loads easily, then immediately come back to the MOA listings. Does the MOA listing still hang/crash/fail to launch? I'd like to see what kind of response people have.

Thanks!!
Might be nice to know if an attempt at Panjo was done when logged into the forum or home page or not.
OM

Panjo was hanging on multiple devices this morning. When I got to work I tried on my W7Pro desktop with FF and the default style. No go. Clicked this link and it opened and loaded very quick in another tab with the planet9 style fine. Pasted our forum link in that tab and it loaded fine. Clicked flea market and it hung without loading. After a little more browsing and clicking it finally loaded.

Testing both flea market links at this site shows marginally better performance at planet 9.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Last edited:
Tried the planet 9 link and the market place loaded fine but would not advance to page 2. Went back to BMW MOA market place and first page loaded fine but would not advance to page 2.
Oh well!

Not sure what is happening with the new marketplace. Old one was much more user friendly. I cannot forward to the next page(2) when I sign in. Was told by Panjo I need a new browser or to just use a different browser. No such problem with the old marketplace. I have visited other websites that use Panjo and do not have any problems with my browser advancing pages. Seems like bad advice to always blame problems on the users computer. Also I have to sign in a second time when I try to go to marketplace evem though I am signed in to the main BMWMOA site. Oh well I guess that's progress in action.

Hi,

It sounds like you are still using IE 9. IE 9 is largely considered an outdated and unsupported browser by many of the large internet companies. It also does not support many modern technologies that many websites, including Panjo, use to provide a better user experience and increased performance. Panjo on IE 9 will not allow you to navigate the pages of the marketplace regardless of which marketplace you are on.

We highly recommend upgrading your browser as IE 9 has several security holes and is nearly 4 years old.

Please let me know if you need more help getting your browser updated or have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo

Flaky Panjo

I have not been using the Flea Market much since Panjo came along. It seems to be flaky and frustrating to me. I don't buy browser incompatibility as an explanation. A tool like this should run on the big three, Windows Exploiter, Mozilla Firefox and Google's Chrome. I am still running XP and using Firefox which is about as typical as it gets for old guys.
Today I went to the Flea Market while logged in. The page loaded but was blank. No listings. Then I went to the old forum based market and checked out Stoner's Hein Gericke huge tank for sale. In his post there is a link to the Panjo listing for said tank which I clicked on and bingo there's the Panjo tank listing.
I'm on the same website here using vBulletin tools and Panjo will bring up a listing from a link but not on it's own Forum link? That has nothing to do with my computer or software and everything to do with Panjo or it's implementation.
I tried Kurt's suggestion to go to the Panjo website and return to our MOA implementation and bingo, it loaded right up with multiple pages of listings displayed and available.
I think this problem is related to the cookies being set by Panjo on their own site are not doing the same things as the cookies being set on OUR site.
Collecting data on everything people click on should be banned.

..................Then I went to the old forum based market and checked out Stoner's Hein Gericke huge tank for sale. In his post there is a link to the Panjo listing for said tank which I clicked on and bingo there's the Panjo tank listing.............
I think this is part of the confusion, there is no "old forum based market". Ads placed in/on Panjo generate a listing in the member marketplace.
OM

I too find the Panjo marketplace a disappointing change

It is frankly terrible, and should be changed out to the old style/system which IMHO worked great, was fast and fun and very easy to use.

I contacted the home office to voice my hope they would change back to the old style.
We all are paying for this service and we should deserve much better.

.................. and should be changed out to the old style/system which IMHO worked great, was fast and fun and very easy to use................
The "old" flea market was created by a very talented past member. That particular piece of software would be impossible to integrate into this "newer" version of VB- sorta like trying to run Micro$oft Office without service pack II.
OM

I think this is part of the confusion, there is no "old forum based market". Ads placed in/on Panjo generate a listing in the member marketplace.
OM
Thanks Omega Man; did not know that. So the member marketplace is a redundant backup for when Panjo does not work which is good I guess. But not so good if you want to place an ad and Panjo is just a blank page that won't load. Sure hope they get things sorted out at some point soon.

Edit: I had to go out for a couple of hours. Left the ad for a helmet up on my screen. Came home and pressed the "back" button on my browser to continue viewing ads but I'm getting a blank page again. It's like Lucas electrics. :bolt

Another Edit: This time changing vBulletin skin from F800 to vBulletin 4 brings up the ads. At least that's quicker than going to Panjo and coming back again...

Last edited:
So the member marketplace is a redundant backup for when Panjo does not work which is good I guess.

No really a backup. If you notice in any ad, in the lower left there's a link that says "See what people are saying about this item". If you click that, it takes you to the in-forum area where you can have a running conversation with the seller. The old FM had a message system which didn't work. So, at least here you can ask questions in this way.

No really a backup. If you notice in any ad, in the lower left there's a link that says "See what people are saying about this item". If you click that, it takes you to the in-forum area where you can have a running conversation with the seller. The old FM had a message system which didn't work. So, at least here you can ask questions in this way.

Well that's a good thing I suppose. I normally just contact the sellers via PM and then switch to personal email. Right now however, if I leave the Panjo app and go to the forum when I go back to Panjo I get a blank page. It seems if I change the skin twice; once to any different one and back to my preferred one suddenly the ads appear. If I actually open an ad to look at the contents when I go back to the Panjo main screen it is once again blank. This is just too annoying to be of any practical use after a few go rounds.

Do we have in house people dealing with our website or do we hire professionals to implement and debug this stuff?

Do we have in house people dealing with our website or do we hire professionals to implement and debug this stuff?

Panjo is working some things in the background. They are in contact with Ted Moyer. And there is a tech firm that can be tapped on a case-by-case basis. As OM mentioned, we had an MOA member/contractor keeping things in line but his life became more complicated and he had to let us go. All the resources we have are being put towards the forum and the homepage...Panjo is helping, too.

.......................doing the same things as the cookies being set on OUR site.
Collecting data on everything people click on should be banned.
Yeah but it's kinda hard to be definitive on the info, the way it works- or how the internet has evolved. Every visit to every stop on the web transmits a huge amount of data about your computer.

THAT is exactly why I dislike it. The MOA is a PRIVATE club.
...................And continuing, when you visit a site, part of the data that is transmitted through the web, about your computer, is-
the operating system- Apple or PC
the kind of browser that you are using
the version of the system- XP, Win-8, Win-7 etc.
And a number of other things you cannot avoid if you are going to be on the web.
Bundles of this information are stored on your computer in "cookies" and temporary internet files......every go to a site and you don't have to login cuz you checked the "remember me" box?.......all that is in the "cookie/TI file folder".
I could go on but before things go out of whack with the "PRIVATE club" mention, stored info is how the internet works.
OM

Back