• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Well, I just tried and found the answer to the only question I had left.

"Can I just put my ad in the Member Marketplace part of the Forum and avoid Panjo?"

When I tried to start a new thread under Motorcycles For Sale, I was taken out of the Forum and redirected to the Panjo Marketplace site. Which, of course, I cannot access from my current location.

Why can't we just have a member generated thread in the Forum that is not tied to Panjo? Seems like that might be a way to have several issues (Buy It Now, browser settings, Contact Seller, etc) resolved.

I think I'm done with Panjo. Sorry, seemed like a good idea, but it's just not working for me.

Well, I just tried and found the answer to the only question I had left.

"Can I just put my ad in the Member Marketplace part of the Forum and avoid Panjo?"

When I tried to start a new thread under Motorcycles For Sale, I was taken out of the Forum and redirected to the Panjo Marketplace site. Which, of course, I cannot access from my current location.

Why can't we just have a member generated thread in the Forum that is not tied to Panjo? Seems like that might be a way to have several issues (Buy It Now, browser settings, Contact Seller, etc) resolved.

I think I'm done with Panjo. Sorry, seemed like a good idea, but it's just not working for me.

+1, Gunny; PANJO STINKS, not wasting my time any more with Panjo: Now using other sources! JSNS!

Bob, it seems like a number of members forgot that we tried that a while back. IIRC, there more complaints about that "in forum" version than there were/are about Panjo.
OM

Thanks Omega Man; did not know that. So the member marketplace is a redundant backup for when Panjo does not work which is good I guess. But not so good if you want to place an ad and Panjo is just a blank page that won't load. Sure hope they get things sorted out at some point soon.

Edit: I had to go out for a couple of hours. Left the ad for a helmet up on my screen. Came home and pressed the "back" button on my browser to continue viewing ads but I'm getting a blank page again. It's like Lucas electrics. :bolt

Another Edit: This time changing vBulletin skin from F800 to vBulletin 4 brings up the ads. At least that's quicker than going to Panjo and coming back again...

Hi,

Leaving the page open for several hours and then returning will result in a blank page for security reasons. Leaving the connection between Panjo and BMWMOA open for longer periods of time increase risk and is simply not feasible.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Hi everyone,

I have been personally investigating this issue for the past several days. After checking with our dev and product teams, as well as running dozens of QA tests, we have come to the conclusion that the issue stems from a connection problem between BMWMOA and Panjo itself. The issue is not Panjo specific, but connection specific. These issues are BMWMOA specific and do not occur across our other partners.

We are working through this issue quickly and expect it to be fixed shortly!

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo

Hi,

Leaving the page open for several hours and then returning will result in a blank page for security reasons. Leaving the connection between Panjo and BMWMOA open for longer periods of time increase risk and is simply not feasible.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

OK I can understand that. It is not the only failure scenario.

If Panjo actually loads and displays ads, if I open one and look at the details when I try to return to the listings there is a blank page. This happens randomly. Today I got about ten minutes of browsing in before I came back to a blank listings page at which point it won't load anymore without switching vBulletin skins. I have a hard time seeing how this is caused by a Panjo/MOA connection problem but I'm not a forum software expert.

I have a hard time seeing how this is caused by a Panjo/MOA connection problem but I'm not a forum software expert.

I share your sentiment based on the results of my testing but remain hopeful that they will get to the bottom of it and get it solved for us.

Thank you, everyone, for your continued feedback. We are working hard behind the scenes to improve the performance of our marketplace on BMWMOA. If you have any issues, please submit a support ticket and we will help in any way we can.

In the meantime, I'd like to remind everyone to use Chrome, Firefox, Safari or the LATEST version of Internet Explorer to ensure the best experience. In addition, if you are using an older version of Microsoft Windows, such as XP or Vista, please upgrade - older operating systems cannot properly handle the needs of modern browsers.

Stewart @ Panjo Support

Thank you, everyone, for your continued feedback. We are working hard behind the scenes to improve the performance of our marketplace on BMWMOA. If you have any issues, please submit a support ticket and we will help in any way we can.

In the meantime, I'd like to remind everyone to use Chrome, Firefox, Safari or the LATEST version of Internet Explorer to ensure the best experience. In addition, if you are using an older version of Microsoft Windows, such as XP or Vista, please upgrade - older operating systems cannot properly handle the needs of modern browsers.

Stewart @ Panjo Support

Let's see... you have mentioned "... working hard... to improve the performance..." since November 2014.
40 plus posts later, you're saying the same thing. It is now February.
How much longer do the MOA folks have to wait before your system really works?

Last edited:
Let's see... you have mentioned "... working hard... to improve the performance..." since November 2015.
40 plus posts later, you're saying the same thing. It is now February.
How much longer do the MOA folks have to wait before your system really works?

+1

Stewart @ Panjo Support

Thanks Stewart for the reminder but what we are waiting for right now is for it to work properly, consistently, for an extended period of time while using all of the above, which it still isn't. Please provide feedback when the changes have been made to accomplish that. Once that is done then we can begin worrying about issues on the client side.

Panjo works very poorly for me. Sometimes it takes 10 or more attempts to get it to load. Nothing has changed or improved for me since it was implemented.
I'm not reading through 12 pages of complaints or excuses. The only reason I've posted is so the good folks at MOA realize there is a significant but usually silent, dissatisfied group of members.
I have not encountered any other websites that are so consistently inconsistent!

Has it really been since November? Wow.

Jim

Panjo works very poorly for me. Sometimes it takes 10 or more attempts to get it to load. Nothing has changed or improved for me since it was implemented.
I'm not reading through 12 pages of complaints or excuses. The only reason I've posted is so the good folks at MOA realize there is a significant but usually silent, dissatisfied group of members.
I have not encountered any other websites that are so consistently inconsistent!

Jim

Yeah, pretty well my experience as well.
The ADV site is a model of a real working one.

I would be interested to know how many Panjo Forum installations there are out there and what their level of approval is. I get the sense the MOA is part of an experiment and not a customer of fully developed software.

I find the following comment, much like Panjo, out of order.
"In addition, if you are using an older version of Microsoft Windows, such as XP or Vista, please upgrade - older operating systems cannot properly handle the needs of modern browsers."

Seriously, if Windows XP SP3 could not properly handle the latest version of Firefox, then Firefox would not allow me to install it when it detects Window XP SP3. My installation of Firefox on XP has zero problems with websites loading other than Panjo and even then only specifically on the MOA site. Panjo's main site works fine on my computer. Draw your own conclusions here.

Stats taken last year show Windows XP SP3 running on ~25% of the PCs out there. If Panjo is saying it won't work properly on XP, shouldn't they have informed the MOA before we bought into this project? This would exclude 25% of our members and since BMW owners are knows to be ahem.. "thrifty" I would venture a guess that even more of our gang has not upgraded from XP. :laugh

MJM -

MOA didn't purchase this package...it's an integrated plug-in that comes as part of vBulletin 4. We upgraded from vB 3.x to 4.x almost two years ago. The old flea market was patched and patched but in the end, it didn't have some of the features that members seemed to want. Panjo was deemed to have the features so it was put into play.

If you want to find out how much Panjo is used, google "vb4 forums panjo". Look for all the links with "classifieds.php" or panjo associated with them. There are a kabillion. I said it before, I contacted 3-6 of some of the bigger forums out there and asked the webmasters how Panjo worked for them. I didn't get any negative responses.

I understand that the Panjo folks are working with our tech support to understand the differences we have versus other existing forums. In my mind, there has to be something different about our configuration that has presented the problems.

And while you wonder why XP and various browsers work some places and others, I might not have those answers. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express sometime in the past year and as much as I bump around the web, it is very obvious to me that you really need to have the most up to date browsers to get the most out of the web "experience". I don't think your operating system comes into play as much as the browser does, so I wouldn't put it all on XP. Having the older operating system results in a slower functioning system with not all of the latest security packages...which may/may not tie into your browser. IIRC, the latest browsers don't work as well with the older operating systems so that could hamper things as well.

That is the most important detail for me. Not so much that there were problems after the upgrade but that after this long there has been zero improvement. There is zero excuse for that so please don't offer any. The benefit of the doubt has run out.

Funny, My main computer has XPsp3 with no issues elsewhere.
My "surfing computer" has Linux Mint

Both units have trouble with Panjo.

And no, until I have issues elsewhere I am not changing anything. It's not my problem.

GSAddict -

Just curious...what browsers and versions of those browsers are you using? Maybe you've mentioned it before...I don't remember. As I said, I don't think it as much about the operating system (XP or Linux) as it is about the browser.

Back