• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tore up my knee. Very worried about my motorcycle future.

You own a BMW and a Buell? You can afford two motorcycles, but not insurance premiums? Tough lesson learned.
Owning motorcycles is easy. Especially when you find them for thousands under what they should sell for. I can save up cash for a motorcycle because I expect to purchase one. Didn't have the forethought to expect a tore ligament.

But everyone knows better after the events. Hindsight is 20/20 while I'm blind as a bat going forward into the future. I dun goofed not having insurance. It was actually very expensive, all 3 packages I could choose from. The penalty price was like loosing pennies compared to paying for the insurance.

But when your yearly bring in is 20k spending anything extra seems like a bad investment.

I gambled and lost. Let's just hope I don't feel this for the rest of my life.

But when your yearly bring in is 20k spending anything extra seems like a bad investment.

I gambled and lost. Let's just hope I don't feel this for the rest of my life.

At your income level, 60% of the premium cost of a Silver plan would have been covered by covered by subsidies and tax credits.

Your knee is likely repairable to a high percentage of original capability, but you're going to carry the financial burden until the hospital & doctors are repaid or you file for bankruptcy.

You say your parents don't have insurance? If that's the case, you might want to check on the "Filial Liability Laws" in their state of residence.

You say your parents don't have insurance? If that's the case, you might want to check on the "Filial Liability Laws" in their state of residence.

Live in Florida, so we don't have those laws. But I had no idea such laws even existed, so that was a good thing to Google.

Back