• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Stupid question re the 3" BMWMOA decals

mistercindy

So I log on to buy a 3" BMWMOA world logo decal for my new Micatechs. Simple enough. But here's what I see:
  • 3" reflective BMW MOA full color world logo decal
  • 3" BMW MOA static window full color world logo decal
What's the difference? Other than the fact that one is reflective and the other isn't. My guess is that one is designed to be applied to the inside of a window or windshield where the sticky side is on the front of the decal, and the other is the more "normal" one where the sticky side is on the back of the decal.

Is that right? If so, which is which?

Last edited:
I think you are pretty close with your opinion of which is what.
The reflective will likely have adhesive on the back and can be mounted on anything from the outside. The static will likely be vinyl to be applied to the inside of a window and can be peeled and reapplied elsewhere.
Based on your description this is my hunch.
Agreed that the descriptions could be more thorough.

That is exactly the difference. The 3" reflective has adhesive on the back and is meant to be applied to the outside of a surface - saddlebag, fender, etc. The 3" window decal has the adhesive on the front and is meant to be applied to the inside of a window or windshield facing out.

You probably need one of each! :D

Back