• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

So how much oil does this CS take?

jstrube

John.
OK, Owner's manual says 2.6L, Clymer says "about" 2.5L. F650CSWIKI web site says 2.4L & that might be too much, another web site says 2.43L.

I can measure it exactly, would like to put the correct amount in, why all the discrepancies? I know, I know, RTFM... Mine is a 2003CS by the way.

It was the 2.4L fills it too much comment that got me thinking... Then, that web site mentioned a replacement plug to stop surging, but neglected to say it comes without a cap, so I had to source one off another plug.

John.

A bmw tip:)

Oil checking BMWs has been, for a long time now, a science in itself! A proceedure for these has been to ride'em to "fully warmed up" and check the oil after a short stop(5 minutes), with a fully warmed engine. Cold checks are almost always wrong!!! This has been so on all my Twins and F650s, since the 90's. I know it does not answer your question, but a oil change with 2+ qts in your 650 engine will suffice and then check it and top it off when fully warmed up. This is a good scenario for all us long timers on BMWs. Good luck, Randy, just down the road,Clovis:thumb

Back