• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recall Harbor Freight-High lift style, MC lift

I wonder if Harbor Freight will pick up the lifts and replace them or will customers have return them, which in many cases would be a struggle. 🤷*♂️

It’s only “Harbor Freight Tools is recalling 41,715 Central Hydraulics High Position Motorcycle Lifts -- part number 99887”.

I wonder how many owners will actually get a letter…….meaning they were registered with HF?

Mine works. I will keep an eye on it. :thumb

OM

https://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/recalls/High-Position-Motorcycle-Lift-Recall-99887.pdf

"Affected units were sold between October 6, 2008, and February 23, 2023. The High Position Motorcycle Lift subject to this recall can be
identified by checking the item number (99887) found on the item or the packaging."

HF is asking that the hydraulic ram be returned to the store for refund in the form of a gift card.

Bought mine in 2016, but it has a different item number (69904).

https://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/recalls/High-Position-Motorcycle-Lift-Recall-99887.pdf

"Affected units were sold between October 6, 2008, and February 23, 2023. The High Position Motorcycle Lift subject to this recall can be
identified by checking the item number (99887) found on the item or the packaging."

HF is asking that the hydraulic ram be returned to the store in exchange for a gift card, value not specified.

Bought mine in 2016, but it has a different item number (69904).

With this post, it looks like it is NOT the platform lift and more the “ATV” style lift. Sorta looks like a mini roll around forklift.

My “flatbed style” lift has 68892 for a model number.

Confirmed as the “flatbed” style, really would have liked a Handy, lift. ;)

I will clarify the title.
OM

With this post, it looks like it is NOT the platform lift and more the “ATV” style lift. Sorta looks like a mini roll around forklift.

My “flatbed style” lift has 68892 for a model number.

Confirmed as the “flatbed” style, really would have liked a Handy, lift. ;)

I will clarify the title.
OM

Good catch. I have what they call a "lift table", I believe.

IMG_9035.jpg

It's hard to find pictures of the recalled lift, I don't think this style is very popular. Seems to restrict access on one side.
lift.jpg

Not if the lift was purchased at a liquidation, final blowout, three days only, in-store parking lot sale. So, odds are good you can keep the flashlight.

Back