• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

popi from afmb.bike

popi

Hi guys,
I'm happy to register on your well known organization even if i live in Europe.
I went many times in USA for my job and i'll return next year for a trip biking in the west.

I founded the afmb.bike non profit organization in 2004 to help all BMW owner's sharing Motorrad news about technical and use with experts. Today we are more than 13500 registered members, all are BMW Motorrad owners and are happy to produce/publish up to date informations about all BMW Motorrad products : motorcycles, accessories, clothes, recalls and technical actions and many more. We are in relationship with BMW Motorrad Munich technical support team and we are now identified as the biggest european owner's association.

Registering is free of charge : click here ...

If this could be conceivable according to your policies we would be very happy to developp a partnership with BMW MOA as we have hundreds members is the US.

Our target is to have the more registered members to have the leverage power to get more information from the factory and influence how recalls and technical actions are carried out in our different countries. We are also looking for people with high technical skills to write serious and well-argued articles to be published on our web site in the interest of the community as we already do.

logo_afmbbike_400.jpg

Hey there! Welcome here!

I just registered at your site because I'm riding in EU a lot these days, but not on a BMW. I hope you will still have me :D

Ian

IMG_1326-X2.jpg

Hi guys,

Our target is to have the more registered members to have the leverage power to get more information from the factory and influence how recalls and technical actions are carried out in our different countries. We are also looking for people with high technical skills to write serious and well-argued articles to be published on our web site in the interest of the community as we already do.

View attachment 89579

My compliments on having one of the best sites for information on BMW motorcycle issues and welcome to the MOA.

You should know however that the BMW MOA adheres to the guidelines established by the BMW Clubs International Council and is disinclined to overtly leverage BMW when it comes to the latter's policy and practices that negatively impact owners. It's all about brand affinity and not so much advocacy.

Perhaps your perspective and activism will provide an example to follow.

Bon courage.

So I went to your website and it appears that I am not welcome to simply view the postings unless I become a registered user. Unless I can read the postings and materials how can I make a decision on registration or not??? Oh well. That makes it a no go for me. Good luck to you.

So I went to your website and it appears that I am not welcome to simply view the postings unless I become a registered user. Unless I can read the postings and materials how can I make a decision on registration or not??? Oh well. That makes it a no go for me. Good luck to you.

FWIW I think that it is worth your while. There are some good posts on things like the difference between EU and US warranty claim treatment and a good article on the current R1200/1250 driveshaft defectsl.

Unlike the MOA and the other clubs adhering to the BMW-controlled BMW International Clubs Council's guidelines AFMB will take issue with BMW - an example being its petition to have BMW itself publish all of the Technical Service Bulletins and a history of the repairs and revisions for a given bike's VIN.

Back