• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Power Accessory Outlet

bobs_one

According to the manual, the accessory power outlet(s) on the RT turn off after a "Maximum of 15 minutes". Mine don't seem to turn off for much longer than that. Has anybody had any experience with this? Is this something a dealer can change (I'd like it to remain on for no more than a few minutes)? If it is configurable, can it be set with a GS 911?

I'm looking for a likely place to patch in the power for my dash cam. It draws very little current, so I thought attaching it to the accessory socket wiring would work - but the outlet seems to stay energized for 20 minutes or maybe even much longer. It does turn off eventually, but it stays on much, much longer than I'd like.

Any suggestions on another place that might be suitable to attach the dash cam power to?

Check out the Skeene P3 installation instructions. They use a switched power source under the seat as a trigger wire for their relay. The wire is red/brown.
It remains switched on for about 60 seconds. I don't know if it will provide sufficient power for your camera or if the CanBus will detect the extra load and cause an error.

https://www.skenelights.com/r1200rt-k1200gt-p3-installation

Hope this helps.

It Worked

Thanks again Pat, it works! That read and brown line is a pretty small gauge (maybe a 16) so I doubt if you could put anything on it that drew much current, but the dash cam works and there have not been any CANBUS warnings.

Back