• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Website

Will we be able to search the old forum?

Before posting a new thread on a question I may have, I usually find it by searching the forum for old threads. Will we be able to search the old forum?

The new site will be launched on a new box and should be more responsive. A growing forum can be a pretty big burden for an aging machine.
You mean all this is in a little old steel box in a dusty corner under the desk in someone's spare room?

Fred

You mean all this is in a little old steel box in a dusty corner under the desk in someone's spare room?

Fred

almost :D

On the happy side, I found a problem that had been bogging down our server and fixed it. An image processing script (resizes images if needed, retrieves them if already resized) had run a little amok and generated enough extra files that every time it ran, the entire machine stuttered.

almost :D

On the happy side, I found a problem that had been bogging down our server and fixed it. An image processing script (resizes images if needed, retrieves them if already resized) had run a little amok and generated enough extra files that every time it ran, the entire machine stuttered.

I hope we're not running on a windows box... :uhoh

Testing pieces right now. :D

On a side note: is this site now running a little snappier for everyone? I made some changes to the amount of memory a given PHP process could take.

On a side note: is this site now running a little snappier for everyone? I made some changes to the amount of memory a given PHP process could take.

Seems good to me.

But, I might be the wrong person to ask because I didn't think it was all that slow before.

:thumb

It appears to be, Scott, yes, thank you.
I will update in 24 hours.
That's just on reading threads, though.
This post was a little slow and I have not checked PM's yet.

Seems good to me.

But, I might be the wrong person to ask because I didn't think it was all that slow before.

:thumb

We were running out of memory. Some scripts that required a little more space were using a bit too much.

It's definitely faster for switching reading only pages. Going to the posting side it hangs up for about 20 seconds pretty consistently.

It has stopped as I switched pages a number of times in the last two days. I'm not sure if that is the connection on my end or the site. It has always been acceptably fast since I have been a member.

I figured it was having some slow days due to the migration to the new site. No complaints, just giving you requested feedback. It has not been a problem and, as always, thanks for the fine work.

Scott,
Whoa, waaaaay slower today.
Just getting to the site took me a minute.
I don't know where the host server is or how many hops involved. I could trace it I guess but I'm not seeing this at any of the other sites I visit.
Just the paint on the main forum page took about 15 seconds.
OK, end of update as promised.

Is there any update or E.T.A on when the "new" website with the new content management system is going to go online? Have we switched to the new server yet, or are we still running on the upgraded original server?

Thanks!

Our goal is to launch the new site during the month of December. And yes, that's December 2008.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Vince

399376982_vnqij-M.jpg

E.T.A., is that a liberation front ? :lurk

Maybe they are the ones bringing the grill
:eat

Back