• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for previous-owner of a Mars Red 2018 BMW R1200RT (GoAZ, Peoria, AZ)

hbjones65

Phoenix, AZ: Looking for previous-owner of a Mars Red 2018 BMW R1200RT (GoAZ-Peoria)

Hello.

I bought a beautiful pre-owned ’18 Mars Red R1200RT at GoAz – Peoria 2 weeks ago. It was a huge upgrade from my 2008 R1200RT; love this new machine.
20230701_2018 BMW R1200RT.jpg

It has a MOA sticker on the mud guard, which makes we wonder if the previous owner might be a regular here. It was obvious the bike has been well taken care of and well maintained.
20230708_MOA Sticker on Mud Guard.jpg

I am hoping to make contact with previous owner to see if he or she has the owner’s manual, first service records, or any other bits (e.g. GPS cover plate, Garmin carry case, etc.). I just like to keep that sort of stuff on all of my machines when/if it ever becomes time to rehome it. I know I can probably re-source those things over time, but it won't be the same.

I have been thinking about blindly going down the list of phone numbers in the Anonymous Book, starting with west Phoenix or Peoria, but I don't know if that would be in bad taste.

If privacy or anonymity is a concern, maybe the previous owner would be so kind to drop off the owner's manual and any other bits at GoAZ-Peoria and ask John or Craig to call me.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
So what do the titles look like in Arizona? In Texas, they show the previous owner. However, if the dealer bought it and registered it in their name, then the title would show the dealer.

Hope you find the person, the info & parts are really nice to have.

A dealer can run your VIN and tell you what “official” service the bike has received.

A dealer can run your VIN and tell you the service history - or in the case of the BMW dealer in Las Vegas, they will sell you a bike with 11,794 miles on it and refuse to tell you if the 12K service has been done. They will also tell you that the service history is "proprietary" and that they won't release it without the previous owners permission - and they won't contact the PO or give you contact information.

According to the owners manual, the service history can be accessed by the dealer and will be shared with a new owner - the dealer refused, and BMW customer service told me to see the dealer.

Basically, YMMV depending on the dealer. Sorry, hijack and rant mode off...

Hello.

I bought a beautiful pre-owned ’18 Mars Red R1200RT at GoAz – Peoria 2 weeks ago.

I'm guessing the dealer can't give you the name of the previous owner for privacy reasons.
Ask the dealer if they can give the previous owner your contact information and have them contact you if they're comfortable with that.

I'm the Original Owner of Your 2018

Hi Harold,

I'm the original owner of your 2018 Mars Red RT. However, I traded that bike in at Iron Horse BMW in Tucson on December 23, 2021. I purchased a new 2022 Blue RT from Iron Horse.

I didn't need a new RT, I just liked the blue color. And, I had "wife permission," which doesn't always happen.

I believe Iron Horse sold the bike and then it appeared on GO AZ Scottsdale's website. Later they must have moved the bike to their Peoria store as I saw it in person last time I was there.

Please feel free to reach out to me and I can answer any questions. But I don't have any records, manuals, etc, as I gave those to Iron Horse when I traded the bike in.

I'm obsessive-compulsive about maintenance, so I had all the maintenance work done at GO AZ in Peoria, so perhaps they have the records for you. I'd be happy to let then release the records if that's possible.

Feel free to give me a call on 480-234-1782 and can answer any questions.

Ride safe and stay cool

Bob Johnson

Looking for 2nd-owner of a Mars Red 2018 BMW R1200RT (Iron Horse BMW, Tucson, AZ)

Thank you for all the responses; especially, Bob Johnson's. :) Love this Community.

Based on new information; it sounds like I am probably the 3rd owner. GoAz Peoria was able to print me very redacted service records beginning in Nov 2018 (10,505-mi) thru Dec 2021 (25,549-mi), so that was very nice to have.

I bought it with 27,019-miles on the odometer, so I am inferring the 2nd owner put 1,470-miles on it between the time Bob traded it in at Iron Horse BMW in Tucson, AZ in Dec 2021 and the time I bought it in July 2023 at GoAZ Peoria.

It sounds like I am looking for 2nd owner in hopes of finding the original printed owner's manual and any other bits of kit. Ha Ha I know it is a very long shot, but one never knows.

Best Regards,

The BMW Owner's Manual (called Rider's Manuals by BMW) can be freely downloaded from this website -

I have a 2018 R1200RT in mars red. I can not recall spending any time with the Rider's Manual. I did purchase the service manual on a DVD when I purchased the bike and have it installed on a laptop, kept in my garage. It has a registration code that must be used to keep one from making a usable copy (the computer has to talk to the mothership for updates and to make certain that you have a gen-u-whine copy.)

Personally, I think that you will find the Boxflyer series of YouTube videos more useful than most anything else when it comes to service. His YouTube channel is here -

There is a Haynes manual available for the 1200 cc liquid cooled boxers through 2016. Most stuff is the same for the 2018 -

Max BMW website indicates that some versions of the printed Owner's Handbook are available -

Last edited:
Back