• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New MOA Logo

Seems they held a focus group for our new logo... I wonder who they focused on?
Judging by their logo... They used braille in the questionnaires.

You'd figure designing a logo for an international organization would be big for a marketing firm, but I guess they weren't proud enough of it to put it in their portfolio. Instead just kinda crappy pharm ads

$40.00

the forty dollar rule comes in to play. In the case of purchases it spins out
- if you don't like something - 'it cost $40.00 to much'
or
- in buyers remorse - 'if we only had $40.00' more we could have bought what we really wanted.
or
- really like it - 'I really like it and I saved at least $40.00 by buying at_____'

I think we got it in vault number 2 ymmv

How much to renew your dues?

Judging from the Jump marketing logo, it would appear that they do not employ graphic artists...they probably hire out for the talent. No sour grapes, here, really, just sayin'...but it's par for the course, that is, folks in charge of picking the logos usually do not have artistic training, and, since the world of desktop publishing made computer-generated electronic art tools available en masse, everyone can now do logos. It's kind of like motorcycles - anyone can make them, but are they good?

R.E., "anyone can make a bike": Most people could come up with a logo, I suppose. Good, or great logo is another thing entirely.
As to bikes, no, most people couldn't "make" a bike much less even fix one. Thats why we have many threads r.e., how someone else is doing the doing in a restoration/repair. FWIW,we quit teaching mainstream people how to do things many years back. Art class is falling off the chart too, as did shop classes of the past. Drivers Ed,PE, you name it all going away cause we want to measure education by the TEST! results...:scratch

I didn't realize that the logo hadn't changed in 40 years, according to the design firm.

I wonder if near this summer's Rally BMW will have spotters hiding behind trees, stopping those of us with now contraband logos presenting us with cease & desist orders or permitting us to surrender them without penalty.

Attachments

• IMG (Small).jpg
    IMG (Small).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 111
Old stuff is cool. Anything we sell that's new has to comply with CI requirements.

dave
who has an old school patch on his tankbag that has head most of the thread worn off of it from rubbing on the front of my riding jacket.

BMW has not been exactly static in its design so you may get to do this all over again in the future.

i-tHQQgNr-L.jpg

You guys keep going back to the roundel... It's not about the roundel's design.
It's about the use of it and the juxtaposition w/ club logos.

The Germans are big on uniformity and are reeling everyone in who claims to be a club associated w/ BMW.

If you look at 'amiles' avatar that is what they don't want. Corruption of their mark.
If that were a club logo it is no longer acceptable.

I had forgotten about the new requirements released in 2008.
After re-reading them I retracted my criticisms of the new logo's 'design'.

Regardless, it still bothers me that they looked outside the club for the design solution.

How about ways to conserve funds in a recession? That would be good for starters...then maybe dues could be lowered ha ha Then we wouldn't have to give bikes away to attract income....or members...just a thought :)

Back