• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New MOA Logo

Some of the original points in the beginning were they never asked. There is plenty of talent (graphic designers) in the membership. Many felt slighted.

...And please don't call it it complaining. We aren't children.

Good point.

And calls for 'suggestions' is irrelevant, given that the new design was not presented as a trial concept, but rather a done deal. :deal

A suggestion to the powers at the MOA. How about running a survey on this forum asking for opinions on the new logo.

The survey could be advertised in upcoming ON issues and have members talk about at rallies.

The survey could run from mid-September to late October.

The MOA is a democratic organization. How about letting the members have their say in their logo.

There's a great use of the club's limited funds.

It is not like the process was completely under wraps. We have known this was coming for years and that the formal process was underway for a long time. Every charter club knew they needed to make a change to comply and that the MOA had to make changes.

You the membership elect a BOD and pay staff to take care of these kind of things don't you?

I'm not a graphic designer but in the 90's I owned a chunk of a company that did graphic design. When we heard about things like this were made calls (phone and in person) mailed letters (snail age) and what ever it took to see if and how we could land a job like this. I guess that was before the new economy where customers come to Fly-Over-Land and seek you out to do business.

Never mind.

Always looking for ways to include members into decision making process. It helps people to feel they belong . Would have been real easy to open it up to talented club members,etc. have the board pick x number of finalists. 3,4,5? Put to the members vote done... No complaining...to see it boom in the mag here it is.. Like it or too bad, then make your feelings known and for people to say hey they are our board members misses the whole point. Btw I emailed board members /officers making some comments and suggestions..no responses.
Oh well

This is like an old silent B movie plot where a bunch of wannabe Hollywood execs and investors are arguing over a head shot photo of a starlet. Is she pretty enough? Is she beautiful?. What agent sent us this. Why didn't the studio use my agent? The debate roars on.

Yet none of them are asking; is there a script, are there enough resources to do a movie, are we in the right studio, heck can she even act?

Meanwhile Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp pull up with some off duty Key Stone cops and load the a couple of paddy wagons with script writers, actors, props and cameras to go shoot their own indy film.

The reality there are a lot of pretty faces, ugly faces and a whole bunch that are best seen in dim light that win something at the Oscars. They win them for what they did with that face not what the face looks like.

I still waiting to find out what the script is about and if this face can act before I buy a ticket. Until then I wish this preview was playing over at the Club House theater. I don't go there.

This is like an old silent B movie plot where a bunch of wannabe Hollywood execs and investors are arguing over a head shot photo of a starlet. Is she pretty enough? Is she beautiful?. What agent sent us this. Why didn't the studio use my agent? The debate roars on.

Yet none of them are asking; is there a script, are there enough resources to do a movie, are we in the right studio, heck can she even act?

Meanwhile Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp pull up with some off duty Key Stone cops and load the a couple of paddy wagons with script writers, actors, props and cameras to go shoot their own indy film.

The reality there are a lot of pretty faces, ugly faces and a whole bunch that are best seen in dim light that win something at the Oscars. They win them for what they did with that face not what the face looks like.

I still waiting to find out what the script is about and if this face can act before I buy a ticket. Until then I wish this preview was playing over at the Club House theater. I don't go there.

Wait.... The MOA is making a movie now?? :brad

No, you're still looking at photos trying to decided if it's a pretty one or not.

The rest of the motorcycle world are the ones making movies. :wave

Some of the original points in the beginning were they never asked. There is plenty of talent (graphic designers) in the membership. Many felt slighted.

...And please don't call it it complaining. We aren't children.

And, like I said, you don't have to be a graphic designer to have a great idea. I for one , have had many years of art training as have many others & even those that lack training can come up with a good idea at times per my e.g. of the 5th grader that won a competition for a T-shirt for the blood people in central KY. If I'm not mistaken it also won national awards. :thumb

There's a great use of the club's limited funds.

Who in the MEMBERSHIP knows how limited the club's finances are. The latest audited statement available to look at are financials posted as January 2010. Would really like to know a bit more about this exact situation before any conclusions positive or negative about spending patterns are made......God bless........Dennis

The MOA is the governing body for all the MOA Chartered Clubs in the US, for us Canadians it's the BMW Car Club of Canada.

Why, I have no idea!

They are very difficult to deal with, just trying to get our logo approved is like pulling teeth!

I do like your logo. The new MOA logo reminds me of the Canon label on my point & shoot camera. Just a label with a satin metallic finish.

Although I like the new logo and IÔÇÖm very pleased with our current board and editor, IÔÇÖm beginning to really like the idea that the new logo does not mention BMW. A little separation from BMWÔÇÖs corporate headquarters might not be such a bad idea. But nothing lasts forever and as time passes and attitudes change, so will the logo. I can remember some people being surprised that Sandy was suddenly no longer with us. TheyÔÇÖll be just as surprised when they see the next logo.

And I hope the new movie is not about motor oil. :)

The hill country weather is outstanding and I hear my bike calling......

E.

Well...

Seems they held a focus group for our new logo... I wonder who they focused on?
Judging by their logo... They used braille in the questionnaires.

Attachments

• JumpDump.jpg
    JumpDump.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 91
Anyone out there care to comment on what they think this might have cost us?? Just curious

$40.00

the forty dollar rule comes in to play. In the case of purchases it spins out
- if you don't like something - 'it cost $40.00 to much'
or
- in buyers remorse - 'if we only had $40.00' more we could have bought what we really wanted.
or
- really like it - 'I really like it and I saved at least $40.00 by buying at_____'

I think we got it in vault number 2 ymmv

Back