• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Forum Home Page

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
The new website looks great. But with all major changes, there’s bound to be some hiccups. On the old forum site, if you wanted to get back to the forum home page, you could click on the image in the upper left. This takes you to the MOA homepage. There doesn’t seem to be a good, quick and easy way to get back to the forum home page. Everything takes me to the main home page. I do think it’s better now not having separate log ins.

I don't like change.

giphy.gif

;)

I find that clicking on "Forum" in the main navigation bar takes me back to the main forum page.

The new website looks great. But with all major changes, there’s bound to be some hiccups. On the old forum site, if you wanted to get back to the forum home page, you could click on the image in the upper left. This takes you to the MOA homepage. There doesn’t seem to be a good, quick and easy way to get back to the forum home page. Everything takes me to the main home page. I do think it’s better now not having separate log ins.
If you want to go to the BMW MOA home page, click on HOME.
OM

At top of the page click on Forums. Next to Marketplace.
Thanks Lee. I see how to do it now. What's even better now is that the menu bar at the top of the page doesn't disappear when you scroll down the page; therefore, there's no scrolling back up to go to the forum home page. I realize there will be a learning curve. I got used to (as others did) with the nuances of the old forum page. In time, I'll get used to the nuances here.

Thanks

Edit: Now I just need to retrain myself

Thanks Lee. I see how to do it now. What's even better now is that the menu bar at the top of the page doesn't disappear when you scroll down the page; therefore, there's no scrolling back up to go to the forum home page. I realize there will be a learning curve. I got used to (as others did) with the nuances of the old forum page. In time, I'll get used to the nuances here.

Thanks

Edit: Now I just need to retrain myself
We encourage members to poke around. It's all there plus some new features that should enhance the forum. It will take a few days to "find" features. I just had to turn one back on that was active in the "test" version that needed to be re-enabled after the full transition.
It should be noted that it may take a while for any of the operational “tips” to be updated.
Enjoy!
OM

There is also a file tree-like line below the similar threads section and share links that I find useful to return to the section of the forum I was browsing if I am at the bottom of the page and want to look at another thread in that same section.

I'm looking to see how I can set it to show most recent posts first rather than having them go to the bottom of the page. Haven't found it yet.

I'm looking to see how I can set it to show most recent posts first rather than having them go to the bottom of the page. Haven't found it yet.
Hmmm...I don't think that was an option under vBulletin. At least not for me and my viewing style.

Will clicking the “What’s New” button and looking at the posts in BOLD
Do what you are looking for? Fairly similar to the last software.

As they mentioned, it's no longer available.
When you open a thread it automatically goes to the most recent post and you also have a Jump To New button at the upper right once you open the thread.
That might work for you.

The most recent post in a thread can be accessed by clicking on the ”time stamp” above the poster.
OM

Is it possible to hide 'trophies' or turn off notifications for them, please?

I think there is. Click on your username in the upper right, then click on Preferences. Look in the list of Alerts...trophies is at the bottom. Let us know if that helps!

When someone Quotes, you can click on the circled up arrow if you need to find the full original post.
Did we have that and I never noticed?

When someone Quotes, you can click on the circled up arrow if you need to find the full original post.
Did we have that and I never noticed?
I think that you are referring to when you quote a post but have snipped a bit out to answer?
I don't think so Lee. When I fouled one up, I would just back out and try again. :hungover
OM

I think that you are referring to when you quote a post but have snipped a bit out to answer?
I don't think so Lee. When I fouled one up, I would just back out and try again. :hungover
OM
I drew a red box around the arrow I mentioned.
When you click on it the screen jumps back to that post.

up arrow.jpg

Back