• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Forum Home Page

When someone Quotes, you can click on the circled up arrow if you need to find the full original post.
Did we have that and I never noticed?
I believe that existed in VB, as well, but I can't remember for certain.
I think that you are referring to when you quote a post but have snipped a bit out to answer?
Did you know that you can also just highlight what you want to quote, and then hit the little "Reply" pop up?
1705355727935.png

Having been on the new site for about a half day, I think the Home page needs a quicker/easier link to the forum home page. Currently, you need to go to the Discuss pull down menu, then select MOA Forums. I find myself on the Home Page frequently, and quicker way to the forums home page would be helpful. Perhaps another pulldown menu for just the forums, since the forums are a big part of the website.

Jeff -

Maybe a bookmark on top of your browser screen for the forum? For me, I can click in the URL path of the browser, type the letter "F" and the forums is the first that comes up and I just click it. After a while this just becomes an unconscious activity.

I don't like change.

giphy.gif

;)
Adapt and overcome Marine

And why is my avatar image all jacked up now lol

Jeff -

Maybe a bookmark on top of your browser screen for the forum? For me, I can click in the URL path of the browser, type the letter "F" and the forums is the first that comes up and I just click it. After a while this just becomes an unconscious activity.
I know I can make my own shortcut, but I doubt I'm the only one who will want a quicker/easier way to the forums. The prior forum site was separate from the MOA homepage in that if you went to one from another it would open a new tab. Things are different now (personally, I think for the better), but what was best to navigate on the prior set up isn't necessarily the best now. That's not good, bad, or whatever--just, different. Over time, things will be adjusted to what works best under this newer arrangement. I applaud all the changes and what was done by the team behind the scenes; however, it's impossible for any behind the scenes team to come up with something that is 100% perfect. But, I would say that the team came close, which indicates a lot of forethought and testing, and for that I thank them. I realize that this is just a suggestion and that it's up to the forum/website team to make the final decision. Thanks again for all the work on switching.

I know I can make my own shortcut, but I doubt I'm the only one who will want a quicker/easier way to the forums. The prior forum site was separate from the MOA homepage in that if you went to one from another it would open a new tab. Things are different now (personally, I think for the better), but what was best to navigate on the prior set up isn't necessarily the best now. That's not good, bad, or whatever--just, different. Over time, things will be adjusted to what works best under this newer arrangement. I applaud all the changes and what was done by the team behind the scenes; however, it's impossible for any behind the scenes team to come up with something that is 100% perfect. But, I would say that the team came close, which indicates a lot of forethought and testing, and for that I thank them. I realize that this is just a suggestion and that it's up to the forum/website team to make the final decision. Thanks again for all the work on switching.
Since forever it seems like my bookmark has taken me directly to the Forum. Since I go there daily that worked better than going to the BMW MOA home page and then to the Forum. When I wanted to go to the main pages there was/is a link up in the corner to do so.

For me this version works exactly the same was as the old version did.

Bummer that's not in the current software, I find it very irritating having to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the latest posts. For myself I just hit new posts and see what I want to open. No issues with any of that as it's pretty much the same.

Most often its word association and I always want to see what has gone up since my last post which is where the most recent post top worked the best.

Did you know that you can also just highlight what you want to quote, and then hit the little "Reply" pop up?
Wow another one I didn't know.
That's better than the way I've been doing it, especially when quoting a small part of a long post.
Thank you for the work you're doing.

Bummer that's not in the current software, I find it very irritating having to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the latest posts.
Try this: From the Forum main page go to the upper right corner and click on "New Posts"

Then on the next page look at the upper left, under the display with the page numbers. Click on Show Only "Unread".

See if this gets you where you want to be.

Try this: From the Forum main page go to the upper right corner and click on "New Posts"

Then on the next page look at the upper left, under the display with the page numbers. Click on Show Only "Unread".

See if this gets you where you want to be.
Jeff wants the option to change the order of posts within a thread.
He wants new posts at the top of the thread and old posts at the bottom of the thread.

Back