• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New MOA Logo

This is funny and I wondered when folks were gonna realize the COMING TREND of the organization that this new logo opens the door for..........You haven't noticed the Husqvarna articles and publicity in the last 2 issue of MOA news????.........

.......God bless.......Dennis

I had thought about that however I can rationalize the Husqvarna issue by acknowledging that it is at least owned by BMW. As well, my comment was in context to another poster requesting a category for Harleys in the "Garage" section of the forum.

Actually it doesnt matter to me one bit what the new logo looks like or how many manufacturers they put in the "garage" section.

What matters the most to me is the nice BMW that I own, the great friends I have made and the miles spent riding with these friends. I simply can't see how a change in a "logo" or a listing in a "garage" section changes anything for me. It doesn't.

Actually, a Husky section makes sense as far as I'm concerned. It's a BMW brand. The CCA folks have seen fit to give Mini a place in the Roundel and it makes sense. IF, someday, BMW buys HD then maybe an HD section as well.....

Wait... What did I just say???

A suggestion to the powers at the MOA. How about running a survey on this forum asking for opinions on the new logo.

The survey could be advertised in upcoming ON issues and have members talk about at rallies.

The survey could run from mid-September to late October.

The MOA is a democratic organization. How about letting the members have their say in their logo.

The MOA is a democratic organization and that is why we elected a Board to represent our interest who in this case approved the logo and more. Also the logo is an outcome of a contract the MOA has with a consultation company that specializes in " Branding " so besides the logo there are other things suggested we do. Maybe brand us ???

The new buzzword we can use now is sustainability. I heard it so much at a recent work meeting that I wanted to throw my boss out the window but I was concerned that he may land in motorcycle parking and hitting my bike. :)

I have a new MOA hat with the logo. So how do I feel about it ? The same uncomfortable feeling when I wear my college alumni wear that looks 40 years younger than I am. :eek If we are to be young then I'll be the first to enter the tar pit.

The MOA is a democratic organization and that is why we elected a Board to represent our interest who in this case approved the logo and more. Also the logo is an outcome of a contract the MOA has with a consultation company that specializes in " Branding " so besides the logo there are other things suggested we do. Maybe brand us ???

The new buzzword we can use now is sustainability. I heard it so much at a recent work meeting that I wanted to throw my boss out the window but I was concerned that he may land in motorcycle parking and hitting my bike. :)

I have a new MOA hat with the logo. So how do I feel about it ? The same uncomfortable feeling when I wear my college alumni wear that looks 40 years younger than I am. :eek If we are to be young then I'll be the first to enter the tar pit.

How long have you worked for this company that is now concerned with "sustainability"? If it was me, I would start looking for an employer that knows why it's in business and how it does business. As it is, you're working for someone that is paying people to have philosophical discussions on ethereal topics.

How long have you worked for this company that is now concerned with "sustainability"? If it was me, I would start looking for an employer that knows why it's in business and how it does business. As it is, you're working for someone that is paying people to have philosophical discussions on ethereal topics.

Plus most of these sort of things come up on Friday afternoons. :ha I think he wants to write a paper for a class he is taking.

:rofl

"Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that" TAR PIT.

E.

:scratch

Mr. T...hmm... isn't his latest gig as the bouncer at the entrance to the special sphere of logo hell?

:bolt

I did not like the new logo the first time I saw it. Not as bad now. I see a lot of complaining but no suggestions for a better design. Now if I could only get the BMWNA to speed up the approval process for our local club's logo.

Attachments

• MOA logo.jpg
    MOA logo.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 138
What I don't like about it is the poor grammar that it forces as it's being read.

NewBitmapImage.jpg

The CCA seemed to work within the rules and ended up with a much better product. At least ours could have read: BMW Motorcycle Owners Club of America...

Yeah, I don't even like that..... :sick

I did not like the new logo the first time I saw it. Not as bad now. I see a lot of complaining but no suggestions for a better design. Now if I could only get the BMWNA to speed up the approval process for our local club's logo.
Lets see your local clubs logo & we'll knaw it all to pieces too!:laugh

The MOA is the governing body for all the MOA Chartered Clubs in the US, for us Canadians it's the BMW Car Club of Canada.

Why, I have no idea!

They are very difficult to deal with, just trying to get our logo approved is like pulling teeth!

Attachments

• 298 Logo.png
    298 Logo.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 115
I see a lot of complaining but no suggestions for a better design.

Some of the original points in the beginning were they never asked. There is plenty of talent (graphic designers) in the membership. Many felt slighted.

...And please don't call it it complaining. We aren't children.

Back