• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Cover Recommendations

J

jld2872

Can I draw upon the collective experience of our members for a recommendation for a decent, lightweight cover that's easy to cope with (packs small, easy, etc.) on the road? Thanks!

I've seen these for years at rallies and finally picked one up in West Bend. They seem to be the favourite for a "travel" cover: http://www.eztouring.com/

I've gone through three of these over the years, they were pretty good. My last one leaked rain when it was brand new and I had to spray it down with sealer so it wouldn't. Recently, I went with a Nelson-Rigg cover which is half the price, better features, and similar material at the EZtouring:
http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Bike Covers Products/MC-100-Big.htm

I haven't had it out in the rain yet, so it's performance remains to be seen, but it's a nice cover.

I bought a cover at WalMart. $21, light weight, storage pouch, hasn't leaked yet.

No longer budding, in full bloom.
Ralph Sims

covers

I went through this a couple of months back.

I wanted a light cover for my bike when it sat in the parking lot at work. I did'nt really need something heavy duty that might be used for constant outdoor storage.

I ended uo getting the Nelson Riggs half cover and it works great. Protects from the sun and dust and pretty decent in the rain too. Comes packed in it's own fanny pack and was only $39 shipped on-line.

Nelson Riggs

+1 for the Nelson Riggs light weight cover. Packs into a smaller than football sized bag and protects real well. I believe they are new this year.

Back