• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mail Order Tires?

SWMoto

I placed my very first order with SWMoto last Monday night ordering a set of the new Avon Storms 55/56. I received them Thursday, and mounted and balanced them Friday. The transaction with SWMoto was smooth and easy, and I look forward to doing business with them again. I do like the feel of the new Avons after just a fifteen mile test ride. :clap

I highly recommend South West Moto Tires. My tires arrived 2 days after placing the on-line order. However, the rear tire was not the size I ordered. I sent an email to SW; Blaine sent a return FedEx shipping label, and the correct rear tire arrived 2 days later. Mistakes are inevitable, how they are resolved is what we remember. Highest marks to SW and to Blaine.
regards,
Mark

American Moto Tire

Prices are better than SWM and shipping is cheaper also.Yes I realize shipping is free for 2 from SWM,but if you just need 1,saving $8-12 each tire adds up.Once in a while,even with shipping from AMT,it's less expensive.Worth a look.
John

I check SW Moto, Chapparal and Ron Ayers. Usually Ron Ayers has the lowest price, but sometimes one of the others will suprise, or Ayers doesn't have the tire I want.

Sometimes Ayers takes a little longer that SW Moto, but that usually isn't a concern for me.

I have used SWMoto a few times, our local shops have gone back to mounting "bring in" tires, while another has stopped since he started selling tires.
I am ready to start mounting my own...Nomar changer coming in near future

BTW...just got new shoes Tuesday...:dance

had to go knock the stripes off between showers...got home after short 80 miler to garage and a note from gf about missing RT and rider stuck on my lift:rofl

the previous set just made it back from West Texas and 9000 dependable miles...I had a stretch on some Dunlops and then Michelins where I picked up a flat within TWO WEEKS of install...construction is everywhere and urban commuting put me in the heart of road debris

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 305
If I was a bike dealer I'd quit selling tires as the tire manufacturers have stacked the deck against dealers.

I could never understand why here in the US you can only buy motorcycle tires from a motorcycle dealer or garage. I lived 8 years in Europe and when I needed tires I went to a tire dealer where they were mounted and balanced for me either on the bike or off, although I usually opted for off.

Thread Hijack #2:brow

I have not checked, but hear a local auto tire chain mounts bike tires . The business is Discount Tire, I have heard nightmare stories of rim damage , which kept me from considering them for bikes though I buy truck tires from them. They do such a volume at Get 'er done pace, I would be leery of trusting the 19 year old worker with the Beemer wheels!

Back