• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

LD comfort returns

blkb1rd

Greetings fellow riders
Has anyone had to return anything to LD comfort... I purchased a shirt at the rally.. I contacted them they responded once but then it's been radio silence now for over 2 weeks..has anyone had problems.. I do not want to resolve this by going to the credit card company.. that's not good for either of us.. so if anyone has some contact information other than what's on their website please let me know

Thomas Casey
R12GSA
R75/6

Greetings fellow riders
Has anyone had to return anything to LD comfort... I purchased a shirt at the rally.. I contacted them they responded once but then it's been radio silence now for over 2 weeks..has anyone had problems.. I do not want to resolve this by going to the credit card company.. that's not good for either of us.. so if anyone has some contact information other than what's on their website please let me know

Thomas Casey
R12GSA
R75/6

Give him a few moments. He has been pretty well tied up with the 11 day Iron Butt Rally these past several days. The rally ended yesterday and his life can now get back to a hectic normal.

As a corollary I bought some Admore Lights at the rally. Just about the time I was going to make a call three weeks later they did arrive by UPS.

Give him a few moments. He has been pretty well tied up with the 11 day Iron Butt Rally these past several days. The rally ended yesterday and his life can now get back to a hectic normal.

As a corollary I bought some Admore Lights at the rally. Just about the time I was going to make a call three weeks later they did arrive by UPS.

:thumb

Paul.. I am glad that what you bought is working out for you.. unfortunately I need to return mine.. and I just don't think it's good customer service for you to leave a customer in the dark for almost 2 weeks.. I'm certain glad if he's making a killing at the iron butt.. but still he has other customers.. hopefully he does not treat everyone this way.. I have the tights that I bought from him last year and I like a great deal..

Tom Casey

Paul.. I am glad that what you bought is working out for you.. unfortunately I need to return mine.. and I just don't think it's good customer service for you to leave a customer in the dark for almost 2 weeks.. I'm certain glad if he's making a killing at the iron butt.. but still he has other customers.. hopefully he does not treat everyone this way.. I have the tights that I bought from him last year and I like a great deal..

Tom Casey

He is working to support the riders, not making mass sales or a killing. He certainly will gain a few sales but most of those riders already have his stuff.

He is working to support the riders, not making mass sales or a killing. He certainly will gain a few sales but most of those riders already have his stuff.

Paul...I get it..I know he's not a BIG company.. but here are the facts.. he went quiet after only reply.. I tried to contact him for two weeks ( you explained that).. but in a short time frame after I posted here...I hear from him.. not a resolve.. but communications has restarted.. and I truly hope this all gets sorted out cause I hate the top didn't work like the tights did..
Tom Casey

Someone's a bit impatient, even when told why there's likely been a lapse is returned communication. Sometimes it's just a logistical issue, not bad ill will or bad intent on the product rep toward the customer.

If he'd been hospitalized for some reason, would that make the customer less antsy for a reply? :scratch

WHOA... Didn't realize I was going to need taller boots to walk in that stuff.. in this day and age communications is lightning fast.. if the gentleman was hospitalized.. and certainly no one's mentioned that.. I would be a concerned for his well-being.. and would understand.. but that wasn't the reason given.. the reason given was he was out trying to help people ride and make profit.. I'm not against either one of those.. the start of the hole thread was asking if anyone had problems with him before.. I have chatted with this gentleman on several other occasions.. he seems like a nice fella.. that's why it's surprised me when he went radio dark for over 2 weeks.. and the little bit of communication we did have he never mentioned anything about the refund or returning the product.. or wanted to know what the problems I had with it

Tom Casey

as Paul Simon once said.. just trying to keep the customer satisfied

It's pretty easy nowadays to have your email pop out an "out of office" reply with any explanation you want on it. Ditto phone message. With small American based companies I appreciate prompt action but am patient, I expect fairly prompt communication.

Greetings fellow riders

Thomas Casey
R12GSA
R75/6

Hopefully you can let us know when this is resolved.

Finishing up with the resolution doesn’t leave a “complaint” hanging in the foreversphere. :wave

OM

There was a similar post over on the BMWST site and the same explanation Paul gave. Mario and his LD Comfort Company is a very small company and as noted he has been on the road for probably a month. Mario is very supportive of the MOA and the BMW Riders. While his response service could be better I would be a bit patient. I bought a custom piece from him at the Rally and have not received the product yet but I am patient and know it will get here.

There was a similar post over on the BMWST site and the same explanation Paul gave. Mario and his LD Comfort Company is a very small company and as noted he has been on the road for probably a month. Mario is very supportive of the MOA and the BMW Riders. While his response service could be better I would be a bit patient. I bought a custom piece from him at the Rally and have not received the product yet but I am patient and know it will get here.

To tag onto these comments, many of the vendors who advertise in the ON and/or vend at the National Rally are very, very small. There's the owner, perhaps a spouse/child/partner/etc. and maybe not many others. They have to do everything to keep the doors open and attending rallies is hugely disruptive to their normal business work flow. The Great Recession shut many down, and many are still recovering from the COVID pandemic a couple of years ago.

I totally agree with what everyone is saying.. and I certainly appreciate these small companies that provide what in effect is a niche.. I have enjoyed the tights that I bought from him last year very much.. and it's a shame that the top didn't work for me.. the only problem I have is the fact that he has not sent information to me saying that he would get back to me at x time.. or this is what I had to do.. I basically got notes saying that his website is not set up and or this or that.. as a customer.. it would have been nice if he said that...on such a date I'll deal with this.. that would have made me happy... His replies so far have pretty much just left me in the dark...

Tom Casey

I totally agree with what everyone is saying.. and I certainly appreciate these small companies that provide what in effect is a niche.. I have enjoyed the tights that I bought from him last year very much.. and it's a shame that the top didn't work for me.. the only problem I have is the fact that he has not sent information to me saying that he would get back to me at x time.. or this is what I had to do.. I basically got notes saying that his website is not set up and or this or that.. as a customer.. it would have been nice if he said that...on such a date I'll deal with this.. that would have made me happy... His replies so far have pretty much just left me in the dark...

Tom Casey

Tom,
I understand your concerns, and I think many would feel as you do under the same circumstances. It is frustrating not to hear back in such a case, but as others have said, this kind of radio silence is an expectation for some small vendors during rally season. Hopefully, you will get this all resolved to your satisfaction.

I believe this horse has been thoroughly thrashed - please let us know how it turns out in the end.

The only time I will add to this is to say that it is complete..Thanks to All that replied or gave thoughts

Tom Casey

Back