• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It’s been almost a year, how do you feel about the Covid vaccine?

What will be your approach for COVID vaccination?

• I’m going to pass on the vaccination.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • I’m rather nervous but feel it’s worth the risk.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I’m intentionally going to wait- not sure how long.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Waiting my turn in the distribution/vaccination line will give me the information I need.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I’m high risk, ASAP.

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Not high risk but will take it as soon as I can get it.

Votes: 34 43.0%

• Total voters
Interesting results thus far.

Total of 44 respondents.
50% say they would take the vaccination immediately.
36% would wait.
14% will not take it at all.

I'd be curious to know why 14% would pass.

Me too but the poll was left private to encourage participation.
I hope more of our members take some interest in this thread.
OM

Total of 44 respondents.
36% would wait.

I assume some who won't take it have severe allergic reactions. For the remainder, they get their news from Facebook.

Yeah sure! Over 3,000 dead in one day. Just like the flu. And you don't trust the government. Please keep this nonsense off this forum.

Hi Paul-

I hear ya. Both my parents caught Covid at age 87 and 88. The senior living place where they live had been infected prior with other residents. Mother was admitted to North Memorial Hospital which is a trauma 1 hospital(one of only four in Minnesota.) Top notch treatment-can't say enough after fearing the worst. Mother is doing fine(going home today) and Dad with only mild symptoms stayed home. Knock on wood-hoping you and your wife stay healthly.

Regards,
Steven

Total of 44 respondents.
36% would wait.

I explained why in post 9. It's also being rushed to market.

I explained why in post 9. It's also being rushed to market.

Well, that's why YOU won't get vaccinated.

Thanks to improvements in vaccine development made in recent years (pointed out in another thread) and the deadlines of this virus, it is being researched, developed and delivered - not rushed - faster than just about any other vaccine previously.

Well, that's why YOU won't get vaccinated.

That WAS the question asked, and answered. Sounds as though YOU have a problem with MY answer. You do whatever you like, I'll do the same. :dunno

A little over 1 in 5 respondents stated they'd not take it or are intentionally going to wait.

Last edited:
I'm glad to this very day that my parents allowed me to take the polio vaccine. Of course there wasn't Facebook back then, but we did have loud ignorant neighbors.

A little over 1 in 5 respondents stated they'd not take it or are intentionally going to wait.

Bad data. There is a huge difference between "I'm not getting the vaccine" and "I will wait a while." As shown, the 7 vaccine deniers acount for 13% or so of the very limited sample. Nationally this survey might have 25% or 35% "Not taking it" responses.

The mRNA technology in both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is a breakthrough. I am 75 with COPD. I would take it this afternoon if it was available because if I catch Covid I could very easily add to the 3,309 folks that died yesterday from this disease that is "just like the flu" and going away last April.

Bad data. There is a huge difference between "I'm not getting the vaccine" and "I will wait a while." As shown, the 7 vaccine deniers acount for 13% or so of the very limited sample. Nationally this survey might have 25% or 35% "Not taking it" responses.

The mRNA technology in both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is a breakthrough. I am 75 with COPD. I would take it this afternoon if it was available because if I catch Covid I could very easily add to the 3,309 folks that died yesterday from this disease that is "just like the flu" and going away last April.

Yet combined, those who are going to intentionally wait [ meaning they aren't taking it when it becomes available ] and those who aren't going to take it makes up over 1 in 5 not going to take it when it becomes available.

I don't trust the FDA's rushed approval. It's been rushed to market, and there's no long term study that may bring more side affects than already discovered. When it's been proven in millions to have no adverse health issues, maybe. But that's years down the road.

Yeah, maybe you're right. Perhaps they should have waited another month so another 60,000 or so people could die. The following might be helpful for you and others.....

https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/five-things-you-need-know-about-mrna-vaccine-safety.html

https://www.mdlinx.com/article/majo...da-is-doing-this-wrong/1F436iHEpIensIfjPNOytk

Majority of doctors think the FDA is doing this wrong

The JAMA report raises two main concerns. First, many doctors believe that expedited approval can cause drugs or devices to come to market before all safety issues have been addressed. Second, physicians perceive the FDA’s leniency on the illegal promotion of drug use for off-label indications (not to be confused with the perfectly legal practice of off-label prescription) as harmful to patients. This is because it permits manufacturers to encourage the use of those medications for indications for which the drugs are inadequately vetted.

Existing criticism of the FDA

To meet increasing market demands, the FDA has implemented measures to speed up the drug approval process, like fast track and breakthrough therapy designations, priority reviews, and accelerated approvals.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/health/fda-approval-drug-events-study/index.html

Nearly a third of FDA-approved drugs had problems, study finds

You do you, I'll do me. Thank you very much. :)

No real point in arguing about this trying to change someone's view. A look at the TV lawyers ads running constantly gives indication that not everything ends up working the same for everyone.
this started around a year ago in China and is only getting worse. Let's roll with the positive and hope for the best.
OM

I think we’re all gonna wait for awhile since distribution will depend on supply; which gives us a chance to see how it works. However, IMHO, it will work, IMHO.

Back