• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It’s been almost a year, how do you feel about the Covid vaccine?

What will be your approach for COVID vaccination?

• I’m going to pass on the vaccination.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • I’m rather nervous but feel it’s worth the risk.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I’m intentionally going to wait- not sure how long.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Waiting my turn in the distribution/vaccination line will give me the information I need.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I’m high risk, ASAP.

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Not high risk but will take it as soon as I can get it.

Votes: 34 43.0%

• Total voters
The guy from Nigeria is offering specials to the frist humdred that resiger for the shot.
OM

A guy called me from MegaMillions this morning. He had a distinctive Nigerian accent. Needless to say, the conversation did not go well.

Harry

On a more positive note, I was able to book vaccination appointments for my wife and I. The forms to fill out were so long that by the time I registered for my appointment, we had to go to a different date for hers. There had been 17 time slots for the date I chose for me, so the remaining 16 were snapped up in the time it took for me to answer all the questions. Hers March 29, mine April 3rd for the first shots.

Only three sites available: Syracuse, Potsdam, and Plattsburgh. Syracuse was closest so I chose that one. Nothing available from any local sites.

Harry

Well ,all sounds interesting. I'm going to get the vaccine, my gal got hers because she is a home health worker, god bless her. Also because my youngest son is a at risk person due an illness that took one off his kidneys ,and I would like to start seeing him. I grew up in the fifties, ate dirt, mud ,swamp water, had the measles ,chicken pocks and every other child hood illness, and things that should have ended my life looong time ago.. I also believe in science , and that the "industrial machine bogie man" is not in on every new advancement in medicine, and that some of the people developing the vaccines have suffered from this pandemic in some form or another. HELL you can find things horrible about my 2016 R1200RT all day. As individuals we have to do what's best for us, as long as that "us" doesn't harm others, and if that harm is only me, than so be it.

Just received my first Covid-19 vaccination. Let it be known, I now know the absolute correct oil to use in all my vehicles! Side effects can be great at times.

On a more positive note, I was able to book vaccination appointments for my wife and I. The forms to fill out were so long that by the time I registered for my appointment, we had to go to a different date for hers. There had been 17 time slots for the date I chose for me, so the remaining 16 were snapped up in the time it took for me to answer all the questions. Hers March 29, mine April 3rd for the first shots.

Only three sites available: Syracuse, Potsdam, and Plattsburgh. Syracuse was closest so I chose that one. Nothing available from any local sites.

Harry

That sounds a bit like the situation over here in MA. Sites open their registration, in some cases having 2000 slots per day. I started to fill out the forms when the slots numbered 1634 for 2/2. By the time I finished filling out the forms (10 minutes later) the availability was 1320. I checked two hours later, and 10,000 slots for all this week were filled.

That sounds a bit like the situation over here in MA. Sites open their registration, in some cases having 2000 slots per day. I started to fill out the forms when the slots numbered 1634 for 2/2. By the time I finished filling out the forms (10 minutes later) the availability was 1320. I checked two hours later, and 10,000 slots for all this week were filled.

It does sound like Monday mornings are the time to book vaccination appointments. Even so, most State sites in New York have no appointments available.

Harry

Back