• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW makes cars?

Z

ziegelreiter

I was at a Trader Joe's today and an attractive young blonde smiled at me and

said-you guessed it- "I didn't know BMW made motorcycles!"

I think I've finally turned the corner where young women feel safe talking to me,

'cuz I'm old and cute, just like their grandpa! :laugh

Never pass up an opportunity to offer a ride....:whistle

Alternative response: "Oh yes, they were actually making motorcycles before they made cars!" If she's interested, start with 1923, but don't let it get boring...

On my way up to the Kelowna BC shop a while ago, I was sitting at a red light trying to figure out where it was... so I asked the gal in the BMW convertible in the next lane, and she knew! Truly a sign of class and good taste.

Or from the truly enlightened gentleman who walked up to my bike in a parking lot and remarked, "huh, I didn't know that British Motor Works made bikes too!"

When my son was 8 we were driving in a friend's BMW suv. He leaned over and whispered to me "hey mom, the same people who make our motorcycles made this car! I didn't know they made cars."

I know they make those shirts but he was dead serious. Out of the mouths of babes.

I rode over to the local Subway last week to pick up lunch. As I walked in the door, an adorable little African-American girl of about 6 or 7 looked up to me and said "Nice Beemer". You could have blown me over with a straw.

I was at a Trader Joe's today and an attractive young blonde smiled at me and

said-you guessed it- "I didn't know BMW made motorcycles!"

I think I've finally turned the corner where young women feel safe talking to me,

'cuz I'm old and cute, just like their grandpa! :laugh[/QUOTE

I "got adopted" all the time at school, later in my career, after I had turned the corner! Try having a classroom full of kids hold up hands , if there isn't a man in their home & you'll see why. Sad, but true.
The response I get in Mexico all the time upon seeing my KY plate, is:" You rode that all the way to here?" Maybe they know about the FD failures? Or maybe it's because I've "turned the corner a bit far" Or, maybe its because the narcos didn't do me in, either way, it makes for polite conversation.

Back