• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best-most popular summer mesh riding pants?

Best-most popular summer mesh riding pants

Had my Moto-port riding pants since 2000, keeps me cool, well over 200K on them, daily users in western N Carolina. Below where I coat ends very faded but the owners says no problem keep riding. Love the huge side pockets

Tom Casey
06 R12RT Big Red
75 R75/6 Ole Yeller

Another Olympia Airglide 4 fan here. Just purchased the pants in pewter, was hoping they would not be uncomfortable temp wise during the high humidity commutes. I have to say, they vent extremely well and I am very pleased with my decision. I give the full length leg zippers two thumbs up.

My .02, I've had Motosports gear for years in addition to a load of BMW gear and some revit stuff (I am a moto clothes w***e). IMO the Motosports mesh is the most substantial. It has a "plasticky", somewhat stiff feel and I disagree with those that say it breaks in, I just became use to the feel. It is essentially all mesh so it flows air very well. Their armor is not particularly comfy but it doesn't affect my ability to ride all day.

Another advantage of the Motosport is that it is highly customizable, I had pockets left off, different zipper arrangements, material selection, etc. it also fit very well.

I have the BMW AirShell a lighter softer jacket, not as much mesh. Very comfortable to wear. I always zip my jacket to my pants and I like the idea that any BMW jacket zips to any pants. I have a bunch of different BMW gear and have always bought them from dealers on close out or overstock including current gear. For instance I have the most recent version of the street guard that I paid 1K for both jacket and pants from Manhattan BMW via their eBay store. Still expensive but significantly under list.

Another option albeit very expensive is Rukka. My wife's hot weather jacket is a Rukka and it is also a very soft comfortable jacket to wear. It is technically not a mesh but a very permeable corduroy weave called AFT.

My latest acquisition was a perforated Revit Flatbush Air Vintage, beautiful color (brown) and leather that flows air very well. Bottom line many options that work, depends on what you like, good luck

Back