• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Owner/Old Rider

jcmellis07706

Hi BMW People,

I'm a new member and a new BMW owner...although I've been riding for many years. My most recent bike was a H-D Road King...great motorcycle but at 800+ lbs, she was starting to be a little bit bulky for this "mature rider" to haul around. I thought a smaller, lighter bike might be just the ticket to put some fun back into motorcycling for me. Due (no doubt) to my age, I appreciate the look of a more "traditional" machine and the R9T seemed like it checked all the right boxes.

Friday night last saw me winding my way home through rush hour traffic on a new '23 R9T Pure. So far, I'm loving it. I cut my teeth on smaller European bikes and owned several Moto Guzzi's through most of my riding career. It feels familiar...and totally foreign at the same time. If that makes any sense?

I'm looking forward to riding more this summer and getting to know my new bike. I also look forward to learning from your assembled wisdom and hopefully getting to meet some fellow BMW owners out and about on my travels. Till then...be kind, stay safe, and remember to change your fluids regularly.

All the best,

John E.

Attachments

• 20230602_204654785_iOS.jpg
    20230602_204654785_iOS.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 48
Congratulations. I think you are going to enjoy the R9T Pure. The Boxer engine is fun and I bet that motorcycle is nimble.

Hey, John! That's awesome. I had to Google Bob's to see where you're from. Maryland is a place that I visit frequently for work. Like you, I've been around bikes for decades (nearly five). Unlike you, I cut my teeth on rice, for the most part. Two days ago, I trailered home my new bike - a '23 R1250RS. I like "assembled wisdom". That's my main reason for being here, also.

Back