• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone have a source for 2 NAV 5 or 6 cradles?

brownie0486

Found out our NAV4 cradles won't accept the Nav4's on the trip to Mexico for Xmas [ we both have 5 spares to our 4's so the cradles need to be swapped out so we can use both.

If you know where I can buy one or both off the net [ used is fine of course ] PM me or if it's allowed, link to where I can find them. I did check the for sale section and didn't find any listed.

Thanks in advance

I'm going to take the WTB, out of the thread title. If someone can help Brownie, please use the PM system. We don't want someone that hasn't read the posting date to get excited years from now. :)

Good luck.

OM

I thought the Nav V would work in a 4 button Nav IV cradle.

I couldn't get it to turn on on the trip, but the 5 was dead as it sits as a spare. I charged it at the room, tried it again and it wouldn't turn on. It's hard to lock it into the 4's cradle but it will lock in.

Yesterday at my place, I tried it again and it turned on in the cradle. So right now, I'm good to go and won't need a 5 or 6 cradle. I'm going to start using the 5 and keep the 4 as a spare on trips instead of the other way around.

You are correct, it does work in the 4 mount Lee. I have no idea why it wouldn't work in Mexico, but it's working now.

It's hard to lock it into the 4's cradle but it will lock in.

It's possible it was not making good contact to power up because of the tight fit.
From time to time it's a good idea to wipe off the contacts on the cradle and GPS.
Good to hear it's working now.

A soft pencil eraser, perhaps even artgum style, works good on “fine” contacts.

OM

It's possible it was not making good contact to power up because of the tight fit.
From time to time it's a good idea to wipe off the contacts on the cradle and GPS.
Good to hear it's working now.

I make sure the cradle pins get rubbing alcohol wiped with a Q-tip often enough even though I use a protector when the gps is out of same. I didn't wipe the gps itself, I'll go do that now.

Thanks

Back