• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

American Gloves

ANDYMCLAIN

Sorry, this is real simple, but I cannot remember the name of some quality gloves made right here in the good old U S of A. A very simple design. Help.

Does anybody know if Aerostich Elkskin Roper Gloves are made in the U.S.? I've been thinking about getting a pair.

Think so;

But I have found buying gloves on line a hard thing to do, size/fit and all! Aerostitch. I shop there on line only, but have been weary of buying the gloves, because of sizing them online. Diluth, to far to ride right now. Randy:thumb

I wouldn't let politics get in the way of protection.

Any USA-made products with these features?

• Outer shell is highly abrasion-resistant sweat-resistant and colorfast kangaroo leather
  • Unlined
  • Pre-formed with curved palm: no folds or pressure points where your hands grip the bars
  • Adjustable Velcro closure and tunnel strap
  • Fingerbridge between ring and little fingers
  • Knuckle shell of Carbon-Aramid-Kohlehybrid covered with titanium
  • Thumb bend and side of hand protected by Carbon-Aramid-Kohlehybrid shell
  • Back and thumb fully protected by Kevlar?« over Suprotect?« foam padding
  • Ball of thumb and fingers protected by highly abrasion-resistant stingray leather
  • Side-of-hand shell covered in stingray leather
  • Elasticated leather on back, thumb and fingers
  • Visor wiper

http://www.heldusa.com/titan.html

Not at the posted URL for sure.

I have several pair of gloves, my Lee Park design are my current favorite. Long gauntlet style. Bought them at a motorcycle show a couple years ago, worth every penny.

Always purchase the best product for your money. The key is that the definition of "best" is highly dependent on personal needs and preferences, one of which is for some people to purchase American regardless. I personally don't subscribe to that notion though.

IIRC, Helimont's are made in the USA by a German immigrant. CA I believe. Website is down at the moment, but I think a lot of the materials are sourced here as well.

http://www.helimot.com/

Any USA-made products with these features?

$349 for a pair of gloves is a bit over the top. I own three pair of Held gloves and paid less for the lot of them.

Another US maker is Vanson in Fall River, MA. They made me a custom pair for $175 or so, but that is several years past.

Back