• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Made the salesman's day

MCMXCIVRS

More toys than space
A few weeks ago I was mulling the idea of trading my K1200GT for a new R1200RT as a purpose to spend most (or all) of some cash that is due to me for backpay. I puzzled over this decision, and although the new RT is a wonderful machine, I just wasn't ready to part with the cash for the trade. Instead, I decided to make a couple changes to the GT, a new CalSci windshield is crawling though the mail to arrive on my doorstep in several days or weeks depending on the mood of the mail system and customs. Also discovered that the front ball joints are worn which explains the unsettled cornering I was bothered by on the GT (and which was partly why I was considering the RT). The parts for that are also on the way.

So, with the decision to keep the bike made and that cash now free for other ventures, I went shopping today for new riding suits. My old StreetGuard 2 suit, while still serviceable, is a bit worn and tired and seems to have shrunk a tad at the waist. :blush As well, my somewhat disappointing Revit Cayenne Pro suit for the GS riding was rapidly failing and need work or replacement, the pants in particular would not last this season without attention.

That brings us to today when I found myself at the BMW dealer checking out the wares. I came home with a spiffy new StreetGuard suit; the jacket in Red and grey as well as a new Rally suit in blue. I started off trying on the StreetGuard gear until I found sizes that fit me best, then confused the poor fellow by switching to trying on the Rally suit. I found the sizes in it that worked and we headed for the checkout. He was ready send me on my way with just the Rally suit when I mentioned I was taking the StreetGuard suit too. He was really helpful after that even helping me to carry it all out to my bike and getting it all secured for the ride home. :laugh

I shouldn't need to buy any new riding gear now for a few years, hopefully eight or ten if past experience holds true with the quality of BMW gear.:thumb Except maybe a new Enduro helmet.

Quick question for all you seasoned Rally Suit wearers. Do you use the water bladder pocket in the back and if so, what bladder fits it and how do you route the tube? Not sure if this will work to replace my back style water pack.

Excellent. I'm glad you were able to freshen up the GT and get some more use out of it. I'm still enjoying my 1995 RS and plan to get another season or two out of it before upgrading to a GSW. The riding suits sound nice--I'm always a sucker for new duds. Cheers!

Back