• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Farewell

dpmonk

P Monk
I no longer own a BMW. I have nothing but fond memories of all the roads I have traveled on and the help I have received from so many great owners. I also have great sadness over the loss of my brother who made a fatal mistake on his RT. My journey on BMW motorcycles began in 1975 with an R75/6. I have owned quite a few of them through the years but my favorite was a 2009 R1200GS. Unfortunately that motorcycle was flooded in hurricane Harvey. I replaced it with a 2011 RT, but I just never loved that bike and found I just didn't ride it that much. I really wanted to get back on a GS but I wasn't able to find one that was within my area. I would have liked to try a R1250 or R1300 GS but did not find one, and I tried a Triumph 1200 GT Explorer. It is a very fine motorcycle and the price I paid was really kind of unbelievable. $5000 off of MSRP is lots of incentive. So I am trying something new. I am not one of those sour grapes kind of person, I loved my BMW's (for the most part) and never had one give me any major problems. I just renewed my MOA membership so I will occasionally check in here on the forum, and I know that Woodlands BMW / Triumph has a very good low mileage RT for sale.

Very gracious there P Monk.
Sorry for your loss. A loss like that can surely take the wind out of your sails.
Thanks for renewing. Please check in and maybe give us an update on the Triumph and how well it is working out for you.
Don't be a stranger. :wave
OM

The best of luck to you with the Triumph. And feel welcome to come back anytime and let us know how things are going. As OM mentioned, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That is always a hard thing to deal with and my prayers are with you. Take care.

As stated, thanx for your years of BMW ownership & for renewing your MOA subscription. As the months and years roll by, things evolve, including our lives. There appear to be many forests to the northeast of your locality. Hope your Triumph takes U where U need to go! My first bike was a Bonneville back in '72; but I became a loyal BMW pilot because of the driveshaft... If the urge strikes, I'll bet they'd let your Triumph into the Redmond Fairgrounds in June. 👊😛 Sláinte! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

As stated, thanx for your years of BMW ownership & for renewing your MOA subscription. As the months and years roll by, things evolve, including our lives. There appear to be many forests to the northeast of your locality. Hope your Triumph takes U where U need to go! My first bike was a Bonneville back in '72; but I became a loyal BMW pilot because of the driveshaft... If the urge strikes, I'll bet they'd let your Triumph into the Redmond Fairgrounds in June. 👊😛 Sláinte! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
One of the things I have always liked about BMW folks, they are always welcoming folks on other bikes. I am 72 and near the end of my riding days, but I have said to wife several times "this is my last bike. You never know...

To further prove your statement of BMW Riders being a welcoming lot, ride that Triumph up to Redmond Oregon for the National Rally !

I'm an almost brand new member sort of coming from Triumph, but I still have my 2013 Street Triple R. The first time I rode it, I knew I would never part with it. Just short of 11 years and more than 41k miles it's still in my garage. It no longer pulls daily commuting duty since I got a new R1250RS, but it's still there and always will be. If it ever stops running, it may find a place in my living room. There's something about the triple engine that burrows itself into your soul. Wishing you many safe and happy miles.

I get you, gotta find what works when you need it. I have Beemrers and KTM's and a baby Aprillia and a Moto Guzzi coming so I get it.

Have fin with your triumph, I loved the couple of months I had an 800 Xc to ride.

I no longer own a BMW. I have nothing but fond memories of all the roads I have traveled on and the help I have received from so many great owners. I also have great sadness over the loss of my brother who made a fatal mistake on his RT. My journey on BMW motorcycles began in 1975 with an R75/6. I have owned quite a few of them through the years but my favorite was a 2009 R1200GS. Unfortunately that motorcycle was flooded in hurricane Harvey. I replaced it with a 2011 RT, but I just never loved that bike and found I just didn't ride it that much. I really wanted to get back on a GS but I wasn't able to find one that was within my area. I would have liked to try a R1250 or R1300 GS but did not find one, and I tried a Triumph 1200 GT Explorer. It is a very fine motorcycle and the price I paid was really kind of unbelievable. $5000 off of MSRP is lots of incentive. So I am trying something new. I am not one of those sour grapes kind of person, I loved my BMW's (for the most part) and never had one give me any major problems. I just renewed my MOA membership so I will occasionally check in here on the forum, and I know that Woodlands BMW / Triumph has a very good low mileage RT for sale.
Very, very sorry for you loss. Also lost my brother and riding partner (to cancer) and I find life just isn't the same without his guidance, advice and sense of humor. I still love riding, but there's a missing piece that has been very hard to fill and those trips just don't seem the same without him. Prayers sent your way.

Back