• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A new forum for politics, religion and naughty pictures

What should this new forum be called?

• the Snake Pit

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Flame On, Jetboy!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • the Rubber Room

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • The Monkey House

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • the Pig Pen

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Geez Dave, don't you have anything better to do?

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Kindergarten

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Big Time Wrestling

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Get a Life!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Go Ride Your Bike!

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters
boiiing boing

I voted for rubber room, as it seems that when these thread start, they allude to a desire for debate, when in all likelihood that's the last thing the poster is after.
A rubber room would allow the poster to throw out whatever they liked with the assurity that they'll only get back exactly what they want to hear, their own opinion.

Only if you volunteer

Am I going to be forced to moderate because it was my suggestion? :doh

:D

I would suggest that we make it moderator-free, no holds barred, anything goes, enter at your own risk...maybe some sort of restricted access: club member, over 21, that kind of thing, let people throw bottles, cut each other, go nuts. And the rest of us can watch and rotfl.

As long as I don't have to do the administration!

I would help, but I have my hands full of nothing.

Another good name would be Barking Moonbat section
Any person that talks about politics long enough could turn into one.
I know I would.

I would suggest that we make it moderator-free, no holds barred, anything goes, enter at your own risk...maybe some sort of restricted access: club member, over 21, that kind of thing, let people throw bottles, cut each other, go nuts. And the rest of us can watch and rotfl.

Hmm... in addition to your plan, I'd also like to add a "cage match" or maybe some bare-knuckle boxing at the National each year? :dunno

In all seriousness, we should probably still have limits. Even "Jo Momma" on advrider has rules... so I don't think it would be out of line to have a certain code of conduct. No nude pics (advrider has a "no nipple" limit), no threats, no comments about the other persons family... maybe that would be enough. Regardless, MOA MEMBERS ONLY... again, keep that stuff out of the google cache (search for your username on google and see all the campfire posts you've made) - and keep it hidden until AFTER people pay to join the club. :D

Cyber gladiators

Hmm... in addition to your plan, I'd also like to add a "cage match" or maybe some bare-knuckle boxing at the National each year?

OK, some limits are probably a good idea.
But maybe we could have a thumbs up/down vote for each participant at the end each battle/thread. Yeah, that's the ticket, 10 rounds of 24 hours per round, anyone who's smart enough to not post can vote at the end of the bout.

"We who are about to die salute you!"

Hmm... in addition to your plan, I'd also like to add a "cage match" or maybe some bare-knuckle boxing at the National each year? :dunno

You stole my idea. I notice many people had some sort of martial arts in their interests in the thread of the same name. I was thinking more along the lines of a "battle for the bike" at the National. If somebody wanted the bike bad enough, they may not even have to be a martial artist, just desperate. People could sign up ahead of time and we would allow late entries only if their bike had a problem on the way to the national and they were fed up with it. :laugh

Can we call it "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics"?

Either that, or something incorporating the words "poo", "monkey" and "fling".

No, we dont need it

WouldnÔÇÖt this type of forum be the department of redundancy department? Craigslist has it ÔÇ£Rants and RavesÔÇØ where all manner of demeaning discourse is coursing. The Jo Mamma forum on ADV rider has it already. If we want to express the most base of our personality traits there are lots of outlets. The best outlet is person to person where one can know who they are insulting and to whom they are presenting themselves as a damn fool.

Frankly I donÔÇÖt need another venue where I can be reminded what an ass I am.

WouldnÔÇÖt this type of forum be the department of redundancy department? Craigslist has it ÔÇ£Rants and RavesÔÇØ where all manner of demeaning discourse is coursing. The Jo Mamma forum on ADV rider has it already. If we want to express the most base of our personality traits there are lots of outlets. The best outlet is person to person where one can know who they are insulting and to whom they are presenting themselves as a damn fool.

Frankly I donÔÇÖt need another venue where I can be reminded what an ass I am.

Bob,
You're an ass.

:wave

:ha

Thank you for the irises. What kind were they again?

If you don't like something, don't read it. Let's play where your lack of thinking things through takes us.

Would, for example, Global Warming theory be under:

Politics
Science
Voodoo
Law
Government
And many more come to mind.

Campfire is for all other things. Leave things alone and if you think you might be challenged in thought or beliefs, don't read the post.

Let's think a little further since there's been no thinking this through. Let's say X writes about how well his or her trip was but they encountered several government controlled items such as speed traps, a polluted road or stream, a criminal act, and more. Does this string get moved to politics? For that matter, what you're jumping the gun about (Global Warming theory) I wouldn't even think would be in politics.

Hysteria.

Forum for Politics, Religion, and Pix

Is it hot in here? Or is it just me?

Anyone offended at the picture posted at #6 in this thread?

(There's got to be someone . . . soon!)

May I suggest a name for this new forum? "Fight Club"

And another thing

This flimsy reason for a supposed additional forum is (I'm not really sure) because people cry if something offends them.

So, my fine feathered friends, aren't people also going to see the same things in another forum if one is created? So, then, what becomes the point of creating an additional thread?

(just shaking my head at the rampant emotionalism without thinking things through)

can i post this picture here? :dunno

OH MY GOD!!!! I'm being exposed to something I could see on network TV, in a newspaper, magazine or at the beach where children go!!!! We have to stop this madness. IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!

Back