• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member and to BMW from Central FL

23tbgs

Hi all, thanks for letting me be a part of this club and forum. I bought my first BMW motorcycle this year after doing a 5500 mile 14 state tour with my dad on a 2014 Suzuki Vstrom 1000. Dad was riding a 2002 Honda Goldwing GL 1800 I believe (not sure on the GL 1800 part). That was quite the trip with no cruise control.

Anyway, in October I got myself a 2023 R1250GS Triple Black. so far I only have 1800 miles on it because I had to have a hip replaced in December and I am just itching to get back on the bike. Doc will let me back on March 1 as long as I don't have any setbacks, LOL.

Funny enough, dad has decided that the Goldwing is just too heavy for him now and he just picked up a 2007 R1200RT in silver.

Here is a picture on my GS the day I brought it home. Can't wait to be back on it riding.

GS.jpg

Congrats to you both on making the switch to BMW. I hope U know what you're doing by buying that Big GSA, John. I'm sure it'll take U wherever U want to go - just be sure to jump off before it topples on U... 😱 When you fully load it for the X-country trips to come, stay Focused! Hope the hip thing wasn't the fault of a previous get-off... 🫠 Keep all those shiny black bits ⬆️.
Sláinte! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen 😎 🍺 🤠 🥃

Congrats to you both on making the switch to BMW. I hope U know what you're doing by buying that Big GSA, John. I'm sure it'll take U wherever U want to go - just be sure to jump off before it topples on U... 😱 When you fully load it for the X-country trips to come, stay Focused! Hope the hip thing wasn't the fault of a previous get-off... 🫠 Keep all those shiny black bits ⬆️.
Sláinte! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen 😎 🍺 🤠 🥃
Hey Phil, thanks. Unfortunately it is not the GSA, just the lowly GS, LOL. Nope the hip is a long time result from a high school football injury that caught up to me. The BMW is slightly lighter than the Vstrom was but the weight is much lower so it is much easier to maneuver the GS.

The day I brought it home, my son was sitting on it and it was pointed slightly down hill. he pulled in on the clutch not realizing how quickly the side stand can collapse and the bike went over on its side. luckily he hoped off and was trying to hold it up as well as I was on the other side trying to keep it up so we were able to soften the fall a great deal and only put some minor scratches on the engine guard. My son felt really bad and wanted to by a new engine guard for me. I refused and told him if I was even remotely worried about that, I would just have them re-powder coated to some other color than that ugly silver on a Triple Black bike.

Welcome from the same area. You both made good choices but of course I am a little biased toward one of them.

Welcome from the same area. You both made good choices but of course I am a little biased toward one of them.
I test rode a RT, and while it was a very nice bike, I just did not feel right on it. I will say though that if you even have a thought about turning, that bike would do it. I asked the salesman if it had some type of steering assist because of how it felt when turning. it was a used 2022 model, as they did not have any new ones on the floor.

Welcome from Newfoundland. I tipped over my R1100 S right after getting my head covers repainted. Oops.:ha

Welcome John Shubin! Beautiful bike. Hopefully, you have no setbacks between now and March 1 and you have the willpower to stay off the bike till then. Thanks for posting the picture.

Welcome John Shubin! Beautiful bike. Hopefully, you have no setbacks between now and March 1 and you have the willpower to stay off the bike till then. Thanks for posting the picture.
Thank you! Will Power or not, I have to make sure I have the strength and balance to ride safely. I should be good to go by 3/1 though.

Oh it wasn't anything new, I had just tossed it down the road and ground through one of the cylinder heads. all in the name of fun!

Back