• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi from Crystal river, FL

eddonnac

I have just joined the club thanks to my neighbor. He's also a member of of the local club, (Riders of Tampa Bay) and I've had several opportunities to ride with them. Through the rides, I've discovered a lot of Old Florida, here in horse country, with tall trees, winding roads and of course wonderful weather in the middle of winter!

Although I've had numerous BMWs, they were all /6s, /7s or K-bikes. The one that comes most to mind of that group was my R75/6 that I dragged out of a storage bldg at BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta. It turned out to be the very first production model R75/6 for North America, #0001. Most of my adult life I restored and brought back to life Beemers, Guzzis and Goldwings, finally making it a business up until I retired.

Recently, (again with help from my neighbor!) I bought a 2002 R1150RT with only 11K on the clock. It had been well cared for and suits my purposes perfectly.

I look forward to many miles ahead and good experiences with my new found friends and riding buddies!

Welcome Aboard, Ed!
Good to have nice neighbors who know about BMWs & the North American Beemer bunch.

We're neighbors from nearby Huntsville, currently hanging out with the Long-Distance Riders Association in Jacksonville. :nod https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/

Wave as U go by; we will too!
Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Welcome eddonnac! Glad you discovered the good roads. That truly is a low mileage bike...would love to see pictures.

Hi from Mascotte FL. Not too far away. hopefully when I am back on the bike, I will get some rides in out your way.

Back