• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

via Owners News, MOA Branded Klim Gear

BMW & Klim together branded on riding gear ! Holy cow better bring a Brinks truck to buy the stuff.:laugh

Nice but

For me who has a hard time justifying a $25 T shirt with any logo on it, this is just plain nuts. Rubs the rich BMW owner's lifestyle in my no so rich lifestyle. Another notch in the list to no renew my MOA membership when time comes. St.

For me who has a hard time justifying a $25 T shirt with any logo on it, this is just plain nuts. Rubs the rich BMW owner's lifestyle in my no so rich lifestyle. Another notch in the list to no renew my MOA membership when time comes. St.

About the cost of the OEM oil filter and a couple of crush washers I just ordered.

I hope they are like the Haynes Beefy T’s. Nice T’s that last a long time.

OM

I'm probably going to pick up that Transitions Hoodie in Blue.

For folks ordering, note "SHIPPING - Items embroidered with the BMW MOA logo are made to order. Please allow 14 to 18 business days for shipping."

...to be clear, as a board member I wasn't involved in this but I personally feel like MOA not keeping stock on hand is just smart. Sure we have to wait 3 weeks to get our jackets as members but it's smarter than MOA putting up a few grand in cash for inventory that is gathering dust. I kind of like the on-demand embroidery from an inventory management standpoint.

No one at the MOA asked my opinion on that of course. But I'm in favor.

I would LOVE to see Klim Suits with the MOA logo on it.

The embroidery is being done at no cost. Klim gear is premium (like Aerostitch and BMW's own riding apparel)

Klim's Transition Hoodie - $150 - https://www.klim.com/Transition-Hoodie-3785-002
MOA's Klim Transition Hoodie with Embroidery - $150 - https://www.moalifestyle.org/product-page/transition-hoodie-1

I see this as a great member benefit. If you're someone who wants to spend $150 on a hoodie from Klim and are a fan of the MOA, you can get it embroidered for no extra cost.

I am sorry you're not finding any value in your MOA membership.

I think this is a good idea and it's nice the embroidery doesn't cost extra.

For me who has a hard time justifying a $25 T shirt with any logo on it, this is just plain nuts. Rubs the rich BMW owner's lifestyle in my no so rich lifestyle.

Debbie and I have Klim and BMW gear. We keep our Cheap BMW Rider reputation by purchasing previous generations of the gear when it's on clearance :)

Klim

Don't get me wrong, I have a Klim riding jacket for summer use and had (until the EMTs cut it off me) an Aerostich Roadcrafter Jacket for the winter and colder days. LOL, I pay the top dollar for good riding gear and in three accidents, it has been proven you get what you pay for.

That is me, I am NOT a stylish person I don't have the looks or body build. I am not a typical BMW rider or owner to be honest I am not a big fan of the current BMW offerings lifestyle or dealership system. St.

I think this is a good idea and it's nice the embroidery doesn't cost extra.

There is a lot of this merch I would buy (and stuff in our gear store) if it was available with no logos. Some of it is very functional riding gear.

Rubs the rich BMW owner's lifestyle in my no so rich lifestyle.

You are saying something very important here.

fwiw, Chuck Manley said something in a BoD meeting many years ago that I found quite insightful: we should never forget that we have members who ride tire-to-tire.

You are saying something very important here.

fwiw, Chuck Manley said something in a BoD meeting many years ago that I found quite insightful: we should never forget that we have members who ride tire-to-tire.

I bought my first Aerostich Roadcrafter riding suit and a Schuberth helmet back in the mid-1990s. By the standards of blue jeans and denim jackets some folks probably thought that was "snooty" riding apparel. It wasn't! I was just a city employee married to a school teacher who thought good gear was worth the money even if I had to eat more beans instead of bacon. The same thing is true today for Aerostich, BMW, Klim, and some other gear. People need to do the best they can and stop looking down their noses on what other riders do. My exceptions to that concept are handlebar tassels, assless chaps, bean-pot helmets, and jacket fringe, but that is a conversation for another time.

Last edited:
Well said Paul. Yes, quality riding gear is costly.

I wore leather for a lot of years - and hated it for how hot it was - but there were no real options back then. When Andy Goldfine started Aerostitch in the early 80's, I was one of the first in line. I started with a two-piece 'Stitch - which I still have - and later bought a one piece - which I still have. They're tough and still quite serviceable.

For me it's dress for the slide, not the ride. All the gear, all the time.

And just so Voni can smile - my early two-piece is --- RED!...:)

Aerostich

LOL, I can attest to the high quality and protection provided by The Aerostich road crafter jacket and pants. Other than a cracked vertebra I pretty much "walked" out of my latest flying episode.

My first accident was a deer strike, Good quality leather jacket, gloves and helmet but alas jeans. Knees took a beating.

Second accident was with Vanson sport rider two piece perforated leather and installed armor. No road rash, but a broken leg where the car ran into the side of me. Thank God for the opposed twin, the head and jug took a lot of impact and kept me from loosing my leg.

Again I am writing in a post about something that should be in another. Sorry, St.

I bought my first Aerostich Roadcrafter riding suit and a Schuberth helmet back in the mid-1990s. By the standards of blue jeans and denim jackets some folks probably thought that was "snooty" riding apparel. It wasn't! I was just a city employee married to a school teacher who thought good gear was worth the money even if I had to eat more beans instead of bacon. The same thing is true today for Aerostich, BMW, Klim, and some other gear. People need to do the best they can and stop looking down their noses on what other riders do. My exceptions to that concept are handlebar tassels, assless chaps, bean-pot helmets, and jacket fringe, but that is a conversation for another time.

I wasn't aware there was anything but assless chaps. If they had a seat they'd be pants. :thumb

I wear a pair of custom made ballistic nylon chaps out of Colorado on occasion. On my 2018 trip to the arctic circle I wore them for 3+ weeks. They saved my riding pants from collecting all the calcium chloride, dirt and mud out of the tongue area and uppers on the boots as well.

Attachments

• 20180727_085719.jpg
    20180727_085719.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 429
Back