• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Stop Sale on all NEW BMW Motorcycles

I love all the talk about canisters, or even hoses, but this still remains blatant speculation concerning what the stop-sale was all about. We don't know and BMW isn't talking.

I still think it was about faulty fuel caps and spilled gasoline. Otherwise why did it apply to the Airheads and the 1952 R51 at Engle Motors? Maybe it was about the fuel fumes escaping plastic GS tanks which bubbled the paint and polluted the atmosphere when those paint bubbles burst. Maybe fuel fumes contaminating nitrogen in the tires. Which is to say my guess might be as good as your; or not. :scratch

I think it is BMW’s way of supporting the majority of their customers, obviously they are upset with the lack of celebration during our recent NATIONAL GRANDPARENTS’ DAY! Just my WAG however, seems as valid as any other post.

I love all the talk about canisters, or even hoses, but this still remains blatant speculation concerning what the stop-sale was all about. We don't know and BMW isn't talking.

I thought the statement in post #43 was from BMW NA.

BMW of North America is dedicated to providing vehicles to our customers that meet their expectations. To ensure that our vehicles are of the highest industry standards, BMW performs ongoing testing and evaluation.
Following a recent quality analysis, BMW is pursuing measures to further evaluate the material used in a component of its motorcycle evaporative system, which may not have been produced to material specifications.
As a result, BMW of North America is issuing a temporary, voluntary stop sale for all new and pre-owned BMW motorcycle models in dealer inventory, except for the CE 04.
This temporary stop sale is not safety related and BMW owners may continue to ride their motorcycles as normal.

A statement from BMW sent to its US dealers was shared by WebBikeWorld, providing more details on the still uncertain issue facing BMW’s internal combustion engine models.

horse-dead.gif

Someday someone who actually knows what was behind the Stop Sale Order will break their code of silence and reveal the mystery to the world - until then we are all just speculating.

Lets all go ride while the weather is good!

Lol

I am laughing about this whole post because I recently got beat up in other posts about spreading hearsay by stating my long time beliefs of BMW's faults. I don't and never will have "official" BMW script or word to back my beliefs and comments up, just as in this thread, only word from a dealer and BMW employees.

Oh what a laugh. St.

Back