• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

118th Congress - H.R. 906 - Motor Vehicle - Right to Repair!

This will create a mess, but this will make it hard for BMW to not offer manuals and block private access to repair. Next will come the threats of warranty cancellation from Deutschland.

This will create a mess, but this will make it hard for BMW to not offer manuals and block private access to repair. Next will come the threats of warranty cancellation from Deutschland.
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act should take care of any Warranty Cancellations-

It will hopefully help with something that I was recently informed about from a friend of mine who has a number of high-end BMW’s-

“Any BMW newer than 2005 needs to have the new battery registered with the onboard computer. This is not something that a backyard mechanic can do. Your BMW Dealer is well equipped to do this at a high price. If you have an independent shop that specializes in BMWs, they can do it for about half of the Dealer price.Sep 5, 2021“

Not being able to change a starting battery myself and be on my way is something I don’t understand. :scratch

OM

It will hopefully help with something that I was recently informed about from a friend of mine who has a number of high-end BMW’s-

“Any BMW newer than 2005 needs to have the new battery registered with the onboard computer. This is not something that a backyard mechanic can do. Your BMW Dealer is well equipped to do this at a high price. If you have an independent shop that specializes in BMWs, they can do it for about half of the Dealer price.Sep 5, 2021“

Not being able to change a starting battery myself and be on my way is something I don’t understand. :scratch

OM
My Boxster isn't much different, but it only cost me $175 to buy a Foxwell tool to do all the factory stuff, including running the brake bleed routine, etc.

I'm going to add functionality for our Audi for all of $75 or something and then I can do all the things to the Audi, too.

Getting the tools is one thing; it's not hard. But finding the information to properly apply the tools is what I need. I have no problem with automated maintenance processes or computer systems. Nor do I have any issue with having the computer track them.

OM
That is despicable, I had no idea they had done that.

...if the installation of a OEM or off brand oil filter would render the bike inoperative unless installed by a dealer then I'd say basically the same.

Back