• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where to find Scorpion tires

RavenGS

Help! I bought Pirelli Scorpion S/T tires for my 1150GS last time and really like them. I bought them from SouthWest tires but they no longer list them (in the GS size). Then found them at American Motorcycle tires; placed an order; but next day they canceled the order saying they were out of stock.

Anybody know where these can be found? I'd really like to try the A/T version of the Scorpion but I can't find the GS size anywhere. Looking for something in between street and full knobby. Found the Bridgestone battle wing in the right size but they appeared (in the photo) to be a standard street tire. Any info greatly appreciated. :hungover

R1150GS
Lino Lakes, MN

Scorpions

I used to get 12k+ on the rear, and 16K+ on the front with the Scorpions - loved 'em. Now they are gone...:sick

I have seen Maxxis Presa Detours advertized and they look good. Apparently they won't be out until April. Won't know about them until someone tries them and reports. Nothing on AdvRider - as I've tried there, too.

Tourances stink in my book with the cupping and low mileage.

Keep us posted if you find something that works.

Scorpions

Thanks peterb,

I've gotten about 13,000 on this set and could likely go more but the rear's starting to get pretty thin.

The bike came with Michelin T66's which cupped badly, don't wish to go that rout. I'll keep snooping about; with the popularity of the GS you'd think there'd be more offered out there :banghead

I've been using them too and like them allot so I don't know what I'll do when they wear out, probally go with some Avon Distanza. Tourances didn't impress me and the Anakee's were good but I like the Pirelli's better.

Scorpions

Looks like those of us GS'ers that liked the Scorpions are out of luck. This is an email reply from a reputable Internet tire supplier:

"Pirelli owns metzeler and the tourances are very similiar so Pirelli has chosen to discontinue their model. The Tourances are also steel belted just like the pirellis. Metzeler sells about 4000:1 of the tourance over pirellis scorpion."

There was a bit more but this gets the point across; Pirelli has discontinued...:bluduh

Back