• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wheel Repair

tlangman4

A number of years ago I had a ‘79 R100RS with a front snowflake front wheel that had a slight wobble to it. I recall it being sent to a specialty shop for repair, and of course I cannot remember where it was sent.

I recently purchased a used Lester rear wheel (drum brake version) that also has a slight wobble to it. Wondering if anyone knows if this would also be something that can be repaired and if so, who does this type of work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

A number of years ago I had a ‘79 R100RS with a front snowflake front wheel that had a slight wobble to it. I recall it being sent to a specialty shop for repair, and of course I cannot remember where it was sent.

I recently purchased a used Lester rear wheel (drum brake version) that also has a slight wobble to it. Wondering if anyone knows if this would also be something that can be repaired and if so, who does this type of work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

I have used Woody’s Wheel Works in the Denver are and years ago The Frame Man in Sacramento, CA and have had good results from both. I’m not sure if The Frame Man is still operating—Google would be your friend on that.

Best,
DeVern

Thanks DeVern and Kurt! I did contact Woody’s and they said the could help. Bucannon is another great idea, I may check with them tomorrow.

Tom

Back