• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What would you give to be young again ??

Ridealot

Lifetime Member
I wouldn't give ya a nickel to be young again. Way to much energy and extra time on your hands. Add a little testosterone into the mix and this is pretty much what your gonna get.

263843077_zo3so-L.jpg

I don't know the kid but I'll bet he was the neighborhood Hero, and or idiot. Well, unless after landing he layed there and screamed like a little girl. That kind of screws up the Hero thing.

I must just be getting old, youth scares the crap out of me !!

I wouldn't give anything. My life has never been better than today. 3 grown kids, great kids-in-law, 5 grandchildren, same wife for 40+ years and the my up coming new shoulder on March 18th.

Live is good.

I wouldn't give anything. My life has never been better than today. 3 grown kids, great kids-in-law, 5 grandchildren, same wife for 40+ years and the my up coming new shoulder on March 18th.

Live is good.

With my minor aches and pains, I totally agree. I won't be married for 40 years until May but we're close.

NOW IS THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your kids.

My wife keeps telling me that I'm not old. So, it would seem that I don't have to worry about what I would give to be young again. 2 grown daughters and a grandson BTW.

I have no desire to be 'young' again. None of my birthdays have bothered me, unlike some people who can't face turning 30-40 50 whatever. As well, I haven't liked ANY age well enough to want to do it over! I'm probably weird, though. I also refuse to colour my hair - I've EARNED the gray, thank you very much!

Cheryl

I had that photo emailed to me a few weeks ago. I've been trying to verify it's authenticity, but no luck, so far. It just seems like that's a fatality, right there... pretty high off the ground, leading to a face plant, with no helmet. Ugh. :hungover

In other news, I'm not really that old, yet. I don't think I can answer this question until at least September, this year... THEN I'll be old. ;)

I wouldn't go through that again for Warran Buffett's money. I agree with the guys above, these are the good old days. . .Long Live the Good Old Days!!!

Easy :german

"No wise man ever wished to be younger."
Jonathan Swift

good swift kick in the ego

I don't disagree, but I work with a buncha NY chorus girls, and trust me, there are moments when being a tad-shade younger wouldn't hurt a thing:kiss

...Moments!!! I said moments!:thumb

I like almost everything in my life right now. I would love to be able to go back 5 plus years and kill every mosquito I find in my yard though, and I would have kept my daughter inside that whole summer.

As 60 looms over a rapidly approaching rise in the road I'm expecting this good and fortunate life to continue. Youth again? Only to clean up some of that really dumb stuff. How I've lived so long is still a mystery ("uh.... you're whose husband?" and other moments come to mind). I would, however, like to tag a few more years onto those remaining. And the comment about grandchildren is so appropriate..... I get to see my first (18 month old) grandchild this summer for the third time. 4,000 miles away doesn't let me spoil her. Anyway, while so many things remind me of age, it is that wonderful sense of your own youthfulness - manifested in how you see and live your life coupled with the ability to use your time more wisely (for the most part). Add quality and reason to the equation and life is great - Bob (as Jones sang ".... I still got neon in my veins, this grey hair don't mean a thing.")

Young again? No thanks. I'd rather be my age with a great family, plenty of money and toys to take up my time. Besides, I just got my new knees.......wouldn't want to go through that again.

PS: and can you imagine going through the pain of beginner's golf again? No way man. Not to mention having to comb my hair!!!

Hmm I certainly could go back and make some changes. Who can say if they would turn out for the better? :dunno

Wisdom is wealth the of age.

I would have loved to possess the wisdom that I have now when I was eighteen. :banghead While I am not all that smart now, I am miles ahead of my youth.

give to be young

I saw Paul Getty Jr. being interviewed some years ago, saying he would give away all his billions, for 10 years.

Rinty

Back