• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What Tank Bag do I need

axlray13

Hello All
I recently purchased a 95 R1100RS. It didn't come with a tank bag, but it has the velcro at the base of the tank and the strap around forks. I threw my magnetic bag on it for a road trip last weekend and it didn't stick. I can't afford a $300+/- bag from BMW right now. What after-market type bag will work? It's a real PITA to ride without a map window and bag.
Thanks, Ray

Ray,

I have one of the Bags-Connection tank bags with SW-Motech's gas cap locking systems on my '95 RSL, and I have to say that I like the system quite a bit because the installation process was fairly simple and the bag snaps on and off in seconds--a real plus when I need to gas up.

Here is a link to the Twistedthrottle website where they can be found:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/332/

Robert

I have a Bagster tankbag for my R1100RS. It's roomy, has a large map pouch, and clips onto the matching tank bra for both a secure hold and a quick release to gas up.

What's especially cool about the Bagster is that they make custom tank bras for hundreds of bikes, including your airheads. I've got a bra on my R90S. I also have on on my R1200ST. So I can move the tankbag from one bike to another in about 15 seconds. I don't have to unpack one back to repack another one.

If you buy one of the two part bags, you can use the top bag for around town and then add the lower part for touring.

1171984162SHOW-%20Sherpa%20-%20soufflet%20zoom.jpg

1266A.jpg

http://www.bagster.com/en

All the choices listed here are good ones. At times used Multivarios are available in the flea market or eBay for your bike if you are not in a hurry. I purchased a used one in nice condition via the "ON" flea market.

I have a Marsee. I really like that it doesn't touch the tank, and removes very quickly. Also has some other nice features.

Thanks for the input. That Bagster bag is pretty cool with the tank cover and all different optional accessories that plug right in. I've read that the multi-varo bag has a tendency to scratch the tank on the leading edge of the bag, but if you put a towel under it (on a $300 bag??), it won't scratch and you have a handy towel. I'm leaning toward the Bagster for the sheer simplicity of the design.
Ray

Moto-fizz

Check out Moto-fizz on the Aerostich Website.
There is a bracket that secures to the fuel cap filler assembly. The bag slides on and off the bracket. Very cool.
I think MCN had a review on it about two years ago and they really liked it.

Back